Korg DTR Rack Tuners Discontinued?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So I'm probably picking up a rack tuner soon and went to look at the Korg DTR-1000 / DTR-2000 and it seems like all the major retailers list them as being discontinued. They are still listed on the Korg website thought. Anybody know what the deal is?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if they'd be gone altogether... they're such a mainstay of pro rigs, they'd be foolish to drop them. Maybe a revision is coming soon?

jam3v

wat
Reaction score
I was looking for a DTR-2000 not too long ago to compliment my rack, and realized the same thing.

I think the issue here is that people with pedal boards are using a stomp box tuner, and rack effects usually include a tuner function. So where does that leave rack tuners? Novelty?

Instead of discontinuing the damn things, they should have just lowered the prices. They were WAY too high to begin with.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I predict an upsurge in Peterson StroboRack sales...

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I predict an upsurge in Peterson StroboRack sales...

Yeah... I just wish they were a little cheaper :lol:

I'm not playing out, so maybe I'll just grab the Peterson software version since my monitor is a hell of a lot bigger than a rack screen anyways :hbang:

GorillaSalsa

Reaction score
Peterson also makes the R490, which is even more expensive, but that somehow only makes me want it harder. Like women with daddy issues.

Edroz

new album soon!
Reaction score
i used a DTR-1000 for years. nice tuner for sure, but the Korg Pitchblack smokes it.

the Pitchblack takes up less space. it tracks notes WAY faster. seriously, it picks up a low E (!) on my 8 string as quickly as it would pick up a standard E. having it on the floor makes it more ideal to use as a mute. and it's cheaper than the DTR-1000. i won't be losing any sleep over that tuner being discontinued.

EDIT: hey Steve, i'll sell you my old DTR if you wan't it, i have no need for it anymore

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
i used a DTR-1000 for years. nice tuner for sure, but the Korg Pitchblack smokes it.

the Pitchblack takes up less space. it tracks notes WAY faster. seriously, it picks up a low E (!) on my 8 string as quickly as it would pick up a standard E. having it on the floor makes it more ideal to use as a mute. and it's cheaper than the DTR-1000. i won't be losing any sleep over that tuner being discontinued.

EDIT: hey Steve, i'll sell you my old DTR if you wan't it, i have no need for it anymore

Interesting. Let me see what software alternatives are out there, but I may be down with that :D I'm still really pissed that StroboSoft doesn't work on 10.6 as that would have been awesome...

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score

That'a actually a german store, it's showing as irish since I live there. Logical, since I'm french, uh ?
Thomann has free delivery when going above some threshold but they do not deliver to the USA I guess.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
It is discontinued. I called customer service over at Korg today and she said they were discontinued for "no particular reason" whatever that means.

')