Korn 8 string

• Thread starter Mr. S
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
b3n said:
Is there anyone on this board who's decision to try 7 strings was based on hearing Korn play them?
I love Korn, but not me. I just wanted to go lower and lower. I'd say maybe the biggest influence on me going to a 7 was hearing Dime back in the day, when he started tuning down to C#. All I knew was I wanted to go low after that. :lol:

But I liked alot of low tuners back then (early-mid 90s). I didn't even like Korn at the time. But I loved Sabbath, Zakk Wylde, Dime, Type O...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
b3n said:
Is there anyone on this board who's decision to try 7 strings was based on hearing Korn play them?

yeh i was, i always wanted a 7 string because of korn, but i never actually got one until about 3 years ago, i also liked 7 string because it was different and opened up new possibilities. Korn were the reason i played guitar though lol. Only cause my older cousin used to always listen to their first album when i was hell young and i was like fuck yeh, but i didn't start playing till 97 :( i was still young then but loved korn! if it wasn't for korn, nirvana or silverchair i woulda started playing guitar later! maybe, probably not LOL. but thats my life story, i should write a book about it :wavey:

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
Korbain said:
if it wasn't for korn, nirvana or silverchair i woulda started playing guitar later!

Yeah? My first 2 guitar-ish influences were Nirvana & early Silverchair. :hbang:

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
b3n said:
Yeah? My first 2 guitar-ish influences were Nirvana & early Silverchair. :hbang:

really? thats mad! lol. old school silver chair rocks ay! most people get their influence from nirvana. but its was both of them for me. Considering how young they all were in silverchair they fucking owned! it wasn't hard stuff, but it sounded amazing.

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
Korbain said:
really? thats mad! lol. old school silver chair rocks ay! most people get their influence from nirvana. but its was both of them for me. Considering how young they all were in silverchair they fucking owned! it wasn't hard stuff, but it sounded amazing.

:agreed:

Yeah when Frogstomp came out those guys were still failing high school music class :lol:

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
b3n said:
:agreed:

Yeah when Frogstomp came out those guys were still failing high school music class :lol:

lol i know. i'll never take away what they were able to do for their age was incredbile. like they were probably the first world wide known big!! aussie rock sorta band. and they were fucking school kids haha. Frogstomp and freak show were easily the best cd's. I don't like their new stuff, but they're just expanding and experimenting so i respect that. Daniel Johns isn't an angry mofo anymore either like he used to be :nono:

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
:yesway: I didn't realise how big they were until I went to Germany and witnessed a buch (of several hundred) pissed German F1 fans singing "Highway to Hell" in the rain at 2am. Word for word.

What an eye opener :lol:

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
I learned to appreciate rhythm for being just as important as leads because of Korn. I also started playing guitar AND sevens because of them. Fuck, my first guitar WAS a seven.

Anyway, I love everything Korn has put out, there's not much I don't like. I mean, I'm not like most people, I can actually listen to stuff and not over-analyze it. I've realized people today can't just watch movies or listen to music without trying to find something wrong with it. Just fucking enjoy it, Korn is good handbanging and fun music.

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll have 8.

(we're talking about strings right?)

')