Korn doing MTV unplugged?!?!

• Thread starter Korbain
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
Old thread I know, but i wasn't sure if anybody had posted this or not:

Freak on a Leash
.http://youtube.com/watch?v=xNNUtBnueVM

This is the only song i've heard so far.
I was actually quite impressed to be honest. I knew this was either gunna blow or be real great, it turned out to be the later.:yesway: .

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Old thread I know, but i wasn't sure if anybody had posted this or not:

Freak on a Leash
.http://youtube.com/watch?v=xNNUtBnueVM

This is the only song i've heard so far.
I was actually quite impressed to be honest. I knew this was either gunna blow or be real great, it turned out to be the later.:yesway: .

That was pretty cool. I thought it was good how they didn't just convert it to acoustic like they did with the AOL videos. Obviously it wasn't perfect and I thought the "go" parts were kind of silly. And I think the original is a thousand times better, but that was actually pretty cool how they changed it into a completely different song. And the video for the original is pretty cool. :cool:

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
wow, that was a actually really good... im quite shocked... the AOL ones just sucked but this was really well done, if theyre all as good as his i might just pick it up, i think richard gibbs may have had a hand in rearranging this too whoch is cool as i really enjoy his film scores.

fun fact did you know that gibbs was in a band with danny elfman at one point, now thats cool :metal:

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
holy jesus. that was fucking impressive lol. It sounded like a completely different song but with that touch of the original in it :hbang: I hope the other songs are like that! they're the same song, but you can't compare because they're so different sounding lol

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Eh, that wasn't bad... Drums really should have been in half time, personally, I thought that was the weakest link.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
The cellos are what really made it good in my opinion...

Edit: put in an adjective to avoid confusion

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Eh, that wasn't bad... Drums really should have been in half time, personally, I thought that was the weakest link.

i thought it was jonathan davis' vocals. the drums were decent enough.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Color me impressed. It wasn't bad at all. I'd love to hear some of their other stuff re-worked like this (although not the stuff from the newest album. :noway:) - FOAL isn't one of my favorite Korn songs... it's so so-so, IMO.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
i thought it was jonathan davis' vocals. the drums were decent enough.

the one thing i thought that was bad, was the combo of JD and amy lee. I love both their voices, it worked in a way together...but i think she went a bit overkill at some parts. lol. Though i still love her voice :hbang:

Kotex

Trippin' balls
Reaction score
Man! I was actually impressed! I thought that was pretty damn good. It was re-worked beatifully. Best thing they've done since '99.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
the one thing i thought that was bad, was the combo of JD and amy lee. I love both their voices, it worked in a way together...but i think she went a bit overkill at some parts. lol. Though i still love her voice :hbang:

Her vocals are very pretty, and his are very "ugly", for a lack of a better term. I think that's what made it a little odd.

GH0STrider

Resident Gangsta
Reaction score
she was cutting through the mix much more too, they needed to equalize jd and amy lee better. then i think it would have came out ok.

')