Korn/Head News

• Thread starter eleven59
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
ajdehoogh said:
Not trying to say it isn't right. I do believe it is stupid to have someone of stage playing parts that are meant to be on stage. Not trying to start a flame war just try to look at it from their perspective.

My 2 cents.

:agreed: I completely respect what you say. Disagree with me away! It's all good. I'm not a proponent of flaming, and I like people to state their own opinions, even if they are totally at odds with what I say. :yesway:

I still dig Korn whatever they do, just personally think it' a lame-ass move. But I can see the other points.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
They're on the same path as the Dodo... just like Limp Bizkit.

Their 15 minutes of fame in the music industry is over, IMO.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
eleven59 said:
A little cynical, but I can see where you're coming from. Really the only person who knows for sure is Head himself.

And as for the information age: it doesn't help. There's still rumours going around about this situation alone that have all been officially denied, but won't go away.

Not to mention people who deliberately try to confuse/mislead people.

I'm cynical because I heard his new music, which corresponded with his public finding of Jesus and whatnot, and his music is terrible. He's famous for being a musician, so that's all I have to go on to judge him. ;)

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
Chris said:
I'm cynical because I heard his new music, which corresponded with his public finding of Jesus and whatnot, and his music is terrible. He's famous for being a musician, so that's all I have to go on to judge him. ;)

I've heard Kry and it was less than what I expected, barely any guitar. I don't get how he gets off saying that Korn's music was too depressing, so he left only to write EVEN MORE depressing music.

Anyway, I am a HUGE KoRn fan, and I can understand how they can put Rob in the back, it would be too weird. People at the concerts for 12-13 are used to seeing the same 5 people everytime. Seeing someone different, rather than 4 familiar faces, would be distracting, at least to me.

Either way I can't wait for them to tour again, and I especially can't wait for the new CD.

ajdehoogh

blarg
Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
:agreed: I completely respect what you say. Disagree with me away! It's all good. I'm not a proponent of flaming, and I like people to state their own opinions, even if they are totally at odds with what I say. :yesway:

I still dig Korn whatever they do, just personally think it' a lame-ass move. But I can see the other points.

:yesway: It's all good!

Corey Smith

Contributor
Reaction score
I would say something but I'd probably get my head ripped off, so Yes at least they are trying to still make music that's the important thing.

Corey Smith

Contributor
Reaction score
lol, that's ok, lets just say I'm not that big a fan of korn, I do think they've done some interesting stuff, but not a fan. We'll leave it at that.

Digital Black

Reaction score
I think the whole " we and the fans won't be used to a new guy" is a crock of shit.
To much emphasis on image and not enough on quality/ orginality...
They don't get the MTV and radio airplay they used to.
Maybe they need to stop rehashing the same old stuff and focus less on the image.

No Soul

bringer of mosh
Reaction score
Dude, if I was gonna fill in for KoRn, Id DEFINITELY not want to be on stage.

"Just tell me what time you need me to play and when I get my paychecks, and please dont release my name to the public!"

Dark Tranquillity

Gothenburg Guitarist
Reaction score
Korn are awful. Head's an awful guitarist. They make awful music. They are awful, commercial whores. There I said it....

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
Sephiroth000 said:
I think the whole " we and the fans won't be used to a new guy" is a crock of shit.
To much emphasis on image and not enough on quality/ orginality...
They don't get the MTV and radio airplay they used to.
Maybe they need to stop rehashing the same old stuff and focus less on the image.

Every band focuses on their live image. Otherwise, no one would go to the concerts and it would be boring for the fans and for the band.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, a lot of people here are touchy about Korn (I'd assume it comes from being called Korn immitators just for playing a 7-string so often).

I gotta say, this thread went down hill into immaturity almost as fast as it would have on Jemsite. And I thought people here were more open-minded...

Chris, I agree, the solo stuff I've heard from Head so far was terrible. But it was also a shitty home demo from a guy who seems to know dick-all about recording. I'm keeping a relatively open mind, especially since I can now see he's not into the Christianity thing just because of a brain-washing televangelist.

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
eleven59 said:
Wow, a lot of people here are touchy about Korn (I'd assume it comes from being called Korn immitators just for playing a 7-string so often).

I gotta say, this thread went down hill into immaturity almost as fast as it would have on Jemsite. And I thought people here were more open-minded...

Chris, I agree, the solo stuff I've heard from Head so far was terrible. But it was also a shitty home demo from a guy who seems to know dick-all about recording. I'm keeping a relatively open mind, especially since I can now see he's not into the Christianity thing just because of a brain-washing televangelist.

I hate being called a Korn imitator (even thought they're my favorite band), because I don't play Korn-esque stuff.

I still don't see the deal with people hating Korn, they just prove you don't need to be all technical to make great music. Blind, for instance, is great but simple.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
eleven59 said:

I disagree. I think it's been very mature, just people voicing opinions. Even the most anti-Korn post has been said with a bit of tongue-in-cheekiness, or just someone's brutally honest opinion. Even should I disagree with them (being a huge Korn mark, and all), I think everyone has posted very responsibly (no blatant flaming or disrespect of other's opinions) ;)

Good job, 7-stringers!

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
I disagree. I think it's been very mature, just people voicing opinions. Even the most anti-Korn post has been said with a bit of tongue-in-cheekiness, or just someone's brutally honest opinion. Even should I disagree with them (being a huge Korn mark, and all), I think everyone has posted very responsibly (no blatant flaming or disrespect of other's opinions) ;)

Good job, 7-stringers!
True. I think it was just some of the hostility in some people's posts I don't get. If you don't like them, don't listen to them. Who cares, it doesn't affect you in any way. And I was hoping it wouldn't decend into worse flaming, which it probably won't.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
eleven59 said:
True. I think it was just some of the hostility in some people's posts I don't get. If you don't like them, don't listen to them. Who cares, it doesn't affect you in any way. And I was hoping it wouldn't decend into worse flaming, which it probably won't.

Maybe it's because you and I get such enjoyment from Korn, Two Hands. I understand where you're coming from, but I gess I've learned to live with it. Myself, there isn't very much music I absolutely hate (maybe Britney Spears?) and even then, I usually just don't mention it. But sometimes I can't resist! :evil:

Kane

Dark Scribe
Reaction score
NegaTiveXero said:
Every band focuses on their live image. Otherwise, no one would go to the concerts and it would be boring for the fans and for the band.

This is completely untrue. I listen almost exclusively to Death Metal. Go to a death metal show and you will see 3-5 guys standing on a stage, dressed in anything from shorts and a t-shirt to slacks and a button-up shirt, playing their instruments and getting into the music. And when they aren't on stage they can often be found in the crowd watching the show, meeting people, working the merch booths.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Only Pop/Glam, or people who are more about "show" and less about "music" care that much about image, IMO. It's not like Korn's going out in costumes, and the other guy wouldn't be..... or are they?

Of course, it's not like Otep is flying some flag of Metal Superiority, so I doubt their guitar player would want to hide. :p He took the gig, right?

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
eleven59 said:
Yeah, thats the big reason i'm touchy about them. it seems like everytime i pull out a 7, i get asked about Korn. I resisted posting my opinion about Korn cause i think everyone already knows it, so no use saying it over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')