Korn/Head News

• Thread starter eleven59
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
Yeah, thats the big reason i'm touchy about them. it seems like everytime i pull out a 7, i get asked about Korn. I resisted posting my opinion about Korn cause i think everyone already knows it, so no use saying it over again.

Used to be worse, in like 95-96 if you had an RG you "must be into Korn", didn't even need to be a 7 string.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Kane said:
This is completely untrue. I listen almost exclusively to Death Metal. Go to a death metal show and you will see 3-5 guys standing on a stage, dressed in anything from shorts and a t-shirt to slacks and a button-up shirt, playing their instruments and getting into the music. And when they aren't on stage they can often be found in the crowd watching the show, meeting people, working the merch booths.

You know, I've always wanted to get a rather heavy band together, and play gigs in khakis and oxfords, since 1.) thanks to selling my soul to corporate america about two years back, that's mostly what I own :lol: and 2.) I think a group of clean-cut, well dressed guys getting up on stange and then unleasing some brutal shit would be far more disturbing than a bunch of guys in bloody hockey masks and spiked collars. :lol:

(sorry for the slipknot jab, if anyone's into them ;))

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'll admit that back in '98 when I first picked up my RG 7620 that I liked Korn but not enough to play like them. Trey was mostly the reason I wanted a 7. Up to like 3 or 4 years ago, I never had to explain to people about playing 7s because of Korn. :)

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Shawn said:
I'll admit that back in '98 when I first picked up my RG 7620 that I liked Korn but not enough to play like them. Trey was mostly the reason I wanted a 7. Up to like 3 or 4 years ago, I never had to explain to people about playing 7s because of Korn. :)

Who's trey?

Christopher

Total Rondo Addict!
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't mind Korn. I don't hate or love them. I think having the sub guitar player off stage is disturbing though. This sounds like something a boy band or the Spice Girls would try to pull off. "We don't want to disturb our old school fans so we just won't show them that we've got a guy stashed off stage."

It sounds to me that there are bigger issues going on with Korn, frankly. Losing a band member can be a big thing. Some bands never recover and others just swap out the offenders like spare parts. It doesn't sound like Korn is dealing with the change well at all. This isn't a good sign for the band long term.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Again, this isn't a permanent solution, it's just for one short tour while they sort out the details of working with only one guitarist. They don't want a new member in the band, they just have no choice for this small tour.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
xtranscendedx said:
Who's trey?
Trey Azagthoth from \M/orbid Angel.
I saw him use a UV7PWH live in 1994 in Boston. I knew Vai used one but after seeing Trey shred on one on "World Of Shit" (Covenant), I had a sudden interest.

Again, I liked Korn alot back in the mid 90's and was fortunate to see them live twice in Apr of '97 and Nov of '98. They put on a hell of a show.

Now, I still like them but not so much as I used to. :)

Kane

Dark Scribe
Reaction score
eleven59 said:
Again, this isn't a permanent solution, it's just for one short tour while they sort out the details of working with only one guitarist. They don't want a new member in the band, they just have no choice for this small tour.

It doesn't matter. I've seen a number of bands playing with a tour replacement. I've never seen them put the guy in a corner or off stage. Nile has a touring bassist right now. He's on the tour with them, playing along side them, but the guys in Nile say he isn't a permanent member, that they are still searching for the right one. He might end up being the one, but even while he is the Bass player for their tours, he still shares the stage. Hate Eternal had a replacement Bass player on stage when I saw them. Cannibal Corpse used a replacement guitarist who was on stage. Korn are doing this sheerly out of concern for their image. That just shows their caliber.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Kane said:
It doesn't matter. I've seen a number of bands playing with a tour replacement. I've never seen them put the guy in a corner or off stage. Nile has a touring bassist right now. He's on the tour with them, playing along side them, but the guys in Nile say he isn't a permanent member, that they are still searching for the right one. He might end up being the one, but even while he is the Bass player for their tours, he still shares the stage. Hate Eternal had a replacement Bass player on stage when I saw them. Cannibal Corpse used a replacement guitarist who was on stage. Korn are doing this sheerly out of concern for their image. That just shows their caliber.

Regarding Hate Eternal, Randy Piro is the new bassist, to the best of my knowledge and he's only 19 or 20 \m/

Kane

Dark Scribe
Reaction score
Yeah, when I saw them they were using someone else. It was before Jared had actually quit the band, I think he was in rehab at the time.

That's similar to Joe Payne, the bassist playing with Nile right now, the kid is like 19 years old. He shreds it up though.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, Jared Anderson's permanently out for drug use :/

Kane

Dark Scribe
Reaction score
Yeah =/

He did an album of his own though under the band name "Internecine". It's some pretty sick music.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
jski7 said:
Unbelievable . You guys start a Korn thread while I'm off partying . Nice . Real nice . :fawk:
And we usurped it into a Hate Eternal thread ;p

Kane

Dark Scribe
Reaction score
Hate Eternal are much more discussion worthy than corn anyhoo. :)

Kane

Dark Scribe
Reaction score
Of course it's a matter of opinion. I thought that's what one is supposed to do during a conversation: give one's opinion... no?

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Shawn said:
Trey Azagthoth from \M/orbid Angel.
I saw him use a UV7PWH live in 1994 in Boston. I knew Vai used one but after seeing Trey shred on one on "World Of Shit" (Covenant), I had a sudden interest.

Again, I liked Korn alot back in the mid 90's and was fortunate to see them live twice in Apr of '97 and Nov of '98. They put on a hell of a show.

Now, I still like them but not so much as I used to. :)

ah ok got ya

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
i say, just put the guy on stage (if he wants to... :lol: @ No Soul's comment).

if the fans want to get into a big dramatic huff about it, "oh my gosh is that the new guitar player?" then, well, who cares :fawk: . fans with half a brain will get the info themselves online, and those that don't will clamour and probably just increase publicity for the remaining members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')