Korn - See You on the Other Side

• Thread starter Drache713
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been giving this album a second chance lately and it's growing on me. It's definitely very NIN-ish in places, as well as some clear references to Jon Davis' soundtrack work. But I like it. And I'm finding Munky's playing is much more melodic and musical now that Head's gone. And his clean work is very tasteful and very nice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Im in hell right now actually, the weather's terri
you know what.. back to the Bass-ics, now dont throw me out if you dont agree, but i like Alex Websters bass. Ok, now i do realize hes really hard to hear in the mix; I know also their music recquires a razor sharpness to it, but he's more than a garnish, his tone has a kind of piano-ish ring to it ( lower register keys )... he also play clean i think. So point, you dont necessarily "NEED" overdrive to kick ass with a bass, but it helps if you dont have your natural tone.

oh yeah and for noobs, he's in cannibal librarian .. i mean corpse :rolleyes:

Dylan7620

that guy
Reaction score
Ibanez_fanboy said:
its totally different to old korn, damn head for leaving!
well i think every new album since issues has been totaly different. i'd never expect to hear another album that sounds like the self titled album. but it was sad to see them go from "ya'll wanna single say fuck that!" to "ya'll wanna single, here ya go" being a long long time korn fan, as my favorite band growing up i feel like all the metallica fans who knew a time when their band was a driving force and not just another car in the freeway of radio music. this album was my St. Anger. :noplease:

')