Kramer revival!

• Thread starter playstopause
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The ESP made Kramers were the best ones imo, if you want a Kramer nowadays might as well just get an ESP.

jtm45

Reaction score
The ESP made Kramers were the best ones imo, if you want a Kramer nowadays might as well just get an ESP.

Funnily enough i saw an old thru/set (couldn't tell as it was all painted)neck Kramer the other day and thought "Fuck,that looks exactly like an ESP".
Must have been one of those.
Didn't know ESP actually made them.

Looked like a nice guitar.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Paisley and red leather, ftw!

My first guitar was a Kramer, because Motley Crue played Kramers, and I wanted nothing more in life as a 13 year old lad than to be Nikki Sixx. (I thought he was the guitarist. :lol:)

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nikki Sixx had some sweet Thunderbirds :agreed:

jtm45

Reaction score
The guy i used to sort of be in a band with when we were kids came into some cash and bought a brand new Hamer (Explorer shape called a Blitz or something stupid)because the Crue were playing Hamers at the time.It cost him nearly £1k at the time,and that was when 'Theatre Of Pain' was out.A lot of cash back then (or even now!)

I think some of those Thunderbirds Nikki Six had were Hamers too.

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
Paisley and red leather, ftw!

My first guitar was a Kramer, because Motley Crue played Kramers, and I wanted nothing more in life as a 13 year old lad than to be Nikki Sixx. (I thought he was the guitarist. :lol:)

:lol: same for me!!!
I used to take my mom's makeup and draw those 2 black lines under my eyes! My 2nd guitar was a white single hum. Kramer Baretta.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Funnily enough i saw an old thru/set (couldn't tell as it was all painted)neck Kramer the other day and thought "Fuck,that looks exactly like an ESP".
Must have been one of those.
Didn't know ESP actually made them.

Looked like a nice guitar.

Yeah, that was one of the Kramer Stagemaster models. The woodwork was done in Japan by ESP, and then the hardware and finishing were done by Kramer, I believe. It's basically a slightly modified ESP Horizon.

Interestingly, Kramer always outsourced a lot of their woodwork, even before ESP got involved in the late '80s. They had some wood shop up in Canada making their necks at one point.

The Kramers to look out for are the pre-ESP Barettas and Pacers, which have serial numbers starting with a single letter from A-D. Ten years ago, you could buy one at a pawnshop for like $200, but the prices have started going up recently. Many of them are all-maple monsters with humongous tone, but the quality varies a lot, in my experience.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
A friend of mine used to have an oldschool Kramer, black with gold hardware, the thing was nice. :yesway:

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
I don't like to much the Kramer style, but a friend of mine has a Focus 3000, and rocks, that guitar it's amazing. OFR and SD pups.

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
I always wanted a Kramer when I was a youngling. I never did get one. :( I wanted one because Eddie played one. If Eddie player them then they had to kick ass. At least that was how my teenage mind worked.

')