Krank Mini Stack

• Thread starter asmegin_slayer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I was always curious about the Atomic Reactor 112...you know, that little combo where you stick a POD XT in for the preamp. Anyone here tried one of those yet?

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
Don't bother looking at any tube amps for practice. Half the time they're gimmicks, or more suited to the studio.

Get a Roland Microcube, or similar for practice, and then take the money you've saved by not buying an expensive gimmick, and put that towards the ENGL you want.

Reaction score
i think krank is bad ass! if i had the money i would buy a rev 1 as fast as i am able to, unfortunately its way to expensive, i love the midranged tone of the kranks with lots compression in tone. very unique!

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
man that guy can play!!!

but i wouldnt get that thing for a practise amp. peavey bandit, :yum:

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
Everyone shits on Krank and all, but i don't know... This little beast is pretty attractive. At least it has an FX loop, unlike other little bedroom tube amps (beside Mesa stuff)... Somebody else got to try it since it came out?

sepherus

The Crimson Comedian
Contributor
Reaction score
How much of that is actually his tone though? By what I know of them they arent that sharp, more lows and mids. You can hear a backing track, but maybe that is the maintrack and his is lower volume

etohk

Reaction score
I got one about a month ago, it seriously is a great little amp for metal. Its actually quite loud too. To each their own!

neroceasar

DEATHMETAL!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
How much of that is actually his tone though? By what I know of them they arent that sharp, more lows and mids. You can hear a backing track, but maybe that is the maintrack and his is lower volume

Really? I played a dime Krankenstein and it sounded really bright, which was cool as mesas seam more lowed oriented to me.

but i agree put your money towards a good gigging amp and use a shitty practice amp to practice. I'm gonna build my practice amp this summer and get a Cerberus mod on my metalzone to boost it. right now all I have is my triple and my new head on the way.

newamerikangospel

Tonight.......you
Reaction score

Uhh, at the end the backing track fades out, and he is still full volume.

And I have always like the tone of the Revolution.

jackson_metal_head

Seventh Circle
Reaction score
cough*GIMMIC*cough

Krank have had some, well... lets say interesting reviews. plus there was that scandal with Krank's employees posting positive reviews on harmony central....

why not just go for a combo? or even better a head and a 2x12?
that thing just shouts out gimmic to me, i mean an amp that has clearly had more though on cosmetics than anything else surely is not a good sign..

do what you will, but thats just my two cents

')