KRK RP5 vs. JBL LSR 305: Best Budget Monitor

Which budget monitor is better for a small Apartment Studio?

• JBL LSR 305

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • KRK Rokit RP5 Classic

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Bassman1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just moved, and I'm looking to pick up some monitors for my apartment studio. I'm looking at the JBL LSR 305 and the KRK Rokit RP5. They both seem to be highly rated and praised here on SS. They also seem to have similar frequency ranges.

I'm leaning towards the KRKs simply because they are front ported, and they will be eventually close to the wall.

Any thoughts between the two?

Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bassman1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thanks I'll have to look into those. Between the JBl and Rokit, which would you choose ?

I'm getting monitors specifically for mixing Djent and progressive metal. Moreover, the monitors will ne relatively close to the wall unfortunately. This seems to be the biggest drawback of the JBLs since they are rear ported. But, I keep reading that the mod and bass range are clearer on the JBLs too.

Thoughts ?

HoneyNut

Regular
Reaction score
I've had both, and wished I bought a larger version of either. 5 inch is fine, but it's more pleasurable (to play) on larger speakers. So, I'd suggest to add a little more and go for the HS7. Or 8 inch Krk or Jbl or Kali