KSR Ceres - 3 Channel Preamp Pedal

• Thread starter protest
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mogar

Reaction score
I'm curious how the switchable clean channel takes dirt pedals. I never play with a super pristine clean and always run a very light OD pedal.

johnnydeformed

Reaction score
I'm curious how the switchable clean channel takes dirt pedals. I never play with a super pristine clean and always run a very light OD pedal.

I'd love to know this too but more for how it would take a fuzz. I have one on order so I guess I'll find out. I'm anxiously awaiting more demo videos though.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The only pedals I have are an Ibanez TS5, dying Boss SD-1, DOD Boneshaker, and an AMT R1 (on the chopping block), so I'm guessing I can see. If I can also figure out how to tweak my Helix, maybe I can try that in front of the Ceres.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

johnnydeformed

Reaction score
Damn, that sounds great! I’m feeling even more impatient now. I wonder how it sounds into a solid state power amp? I’ll be running the Ceres into a Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170.

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
I've skipped a few pages... but what is up with people asking for loops on their preamp pedals?? do you people know what a loop actually is??

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I've skipped a few pages... but what is up with people asking for loops on their preamp pedals?? do you people know what a loop actually is??

Tbh ive been wondering if Kyle could mod these pedals to have loops on specific channels. Like have a loop on ch1 for like a verb and chorus that doesnt effect the other 2 channels. Or make it channel selectable.

johnnydeformed

Reaction score

I would think the loop would only matter if the pedal had a cab sim/line out or a loop bypass function but since it doesn't the feature appears to be unnecessary for this pedal.

shred-o-holic

Reaction score
A little run through from Kyle. Going through the fx return of an Orthos 100 into a 2x12 with redbacks.

Honestly this is the first video/sounds that has impressed me. Before that I was scratching my head..........other than Kyle's rep and people that use his amps thinking meh so what....I'm still really curious on how the Apex stacks up vs this one. I like the options the Apex brings vs 2 channels that I will probably never use. But of course it's overall tone/feel that will win out...

johnnydeformed

Reaction score
Honestly this is the first video/sounds that has impressed me. Before that I was scratching my head..........other than Kyle's rep and people that use his amps thinking meh so what....I'm still really curious on how the Apex stacks up vs this one. I like the options the Apex brings vs 2 channels that I will probably never use. But of course it's overall tone/feel that will win out...

It's definitely about tone/feel but also application. I think I'm at least a part of the target audience for this since I've moved to an all pedal board setup. I'm using a Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 as my power amp and have been searching for a good solid state preamp with a clean channel. The Diezel VH4-2 and Herbert pedals are awesome but don't have clean channels so I moved on from them. I've been using a Kartakou Beastbox preamp pedal and it's fantastic but it runs two 12ax7s and has a more cumbersome power requirement than other pedals. The Ceres seems more geared for people in my situation who want to run pedal board style setups but with analog gear vs digital.

That said, the Apex does look and sound pretty damn good.

bracky

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. You never know how these thing work these days. It’s amazing how far circuit design has come. Why even bother with tubes.

Of course I still bother. :)

Bearitone

Reaction score
I feel like inthe next 10 years the number of touring bands using tubes in any fashion will be halved.