KSR Ceres - 3 Channel Preamp Pedal

• Thread starter protest
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
153d4fbf33873643c5d51fbd24dde69e.png

Bearitone

Reaction score
I still think there are real benefits to a tube power section and I don’t think anything solidstate has overtaken them yet.

Notice most (all?) of the demos of this preamp are into the FX returns of tube heads.

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
I think these cool preamp pedals are super cool, however I already have two tube amps and a Helix, however if I was building a rig from scratch I would definitely consider something like this.

dewberry

Reaction score
When do you think this will start shipping? I hope I could get it by March so that I could use it for our upcoming gig by 1st week April.

johnnydeformed

Reaction score
Any thoughts on whether this will need a boost/TS OD type pedal to tighten things up? From the demos and the feel switch it doesn't seem like it but I've never played a KSR amp before so I don't know if they need or benefit from a boost/OD pedal.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Any thoughts on whether this will need a boost/TS OD type pedal to tighten things up? From the demos and the feel switch it doesn't seem like it but I've never played a KSR amp before so I don't know if they need or benefit from a boost/OD pedal.
I would doubt it. the colossus definitely doesn't need to be boosted, same with the ares, or at least that's what I've been told by people who've owned those amps. the preamp is based off the ares crunch/colossus lead and those are pretty tight responsive amps if you want them to be.

BlueTrident

Reaction score
Someone needs to do an ultimate preamp/distortion pedal shootout. This, Mooer Preamps, Revv G3 & G4, SD Palladium, AMT Legend 2 series & SS-11, Diezel, Friedman BE-OD, Horizon Apex and more!

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Someone needs to do an ultimate preamp/distortion pedal shootout. This, Mooer Preamps, Revv G3 & G4, SD Palladium, AMT Legend 2 series & SS-11, Diezel, Friedman BE-OD, Horizon Apex and more!

I think the SS30 would be a more fair comparison over tthe SS11 since its non tube.

And FWIW i have an SS30 and R1 so i can do a small comparison.

protest

Reaction score
The Friedman and Diezel Herbert are both really good. The Diezel sounds a lot more like the amp, especially with a little boost to give it some more punch. The BE doesn't really sound a lot like the amp, but I actually like the pedal's style of distortion better.

johnnydeformed

Reaction score
The Friedman and Diezel Herbert are both really good. The Diezel sounds a lot more like the amp, especially with a little boost to give it some more punch. The BE doesn't really sound a lot like the amp, but I actually like the pedal's style of distortion better.

I had the Herbert and VH4-2 pedals. I liked them a lot (especially the Herbert) but the lack of a clean channel caused me to move on. That’s one of many reasons the Ceres is of interest.