KSR Ceres - 3 Channel Preamp Pedal

• Thread starter protest
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I've been wanting to check out the Hebert preamp. Wanna see how it compared to my experience w/ Fractal's model (not good :ugh:).

ATRguitar91

Reaction score
Any thoughts on whether this will need a boost/TS OD type pedal to tighten things up? From the demos and the feel switch it doesn't seem like it but I've never played a KSR amp before so I don't know if they need or benefit from a boost/OD pedal.
I've been messing with a lot of preamp pedals lately, and I've found the vast majority need a boost to sound usable to me.

I'd say it depends on the power amp you're using with it, but most of them sound too loose and flubby. It's not an issue of having enough gain on tap, it's that most preamp pedals aren't tight enough on their own.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
So I had to cancel my preorder. Some car-related shit came up, so fuck. :lol:

Oh well, hopefully some of you guys here preordered it and can give impressions.

johnnydeformed

Reaction score
So I had to cancel my preorder. Some car-related shit came up, so fuck. :lol:

Oh well, hopefully some of you guys here preordered it and can give impressions.

Sorry to hear that! Hope everything works out with your car. One of our cats has to get major dental work next week. I thought about canceling because it will be a hefty vet bill but then I thought fuck it, my birthday is in the beginning of March and I’m making the Ceres a gift to myself.

I’ll let you know my thoughts on it then.

Meeotch

Reaction score
Another contender that seems really promising - Victory Kraken preamp! It's got tubez!

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that! Hope everything works out with your car. One of our cats has to get major dental work next week. I thought about canceling because it will be a hefty vet bill but then I thought fuck it, my birthday is in the beginning of March and I’m making the Ceres a gift to myself.

I’ll let you know my thoughts on it then.

Cool. :D I'm still super interested, just need to deal with stuff before I go diving back in.

Another contender that seems really promising - Victory Kraken preamp! It's got tubez!

The Kraken pedal seems cool. I'd like to see more impressions on it.

0rimus

Reaction score
Anyone who preordered hear anything from KSR yet? Delayed? Still on track for March 1st?

Checked my email and order status...

Nothing. Got my funds all ready to pay off the balance tho 3:)
Super stoked!

johnnydeformed

Reaction score
Anyone who preordered hear anything from KSR yet? Delayed? Still on track for March 1st?

Checked my email and order status...

Nothing. Got my funds all ready to pay off the balance tho 3:)
Super stoked!

Have not hot heard anything yet though I am anxiously awaiting!

johnnydeformed

Reaction score
12zgp8.jpg

dewberry

Reaction score
Got an email from them yesterday. And they said maybe they will start shipping mid March. Something got to do with the delayed PCB. I'm also ready to pay for the balance.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Got an email from them yesterday. And they said maybe they will start shipping mid March. Something got to do with the delayed PCB. I'm also ready to pay for the balance.

Now you can start panicking. :lol:

Hoping it isn't too long of a wait.

johnnydeformed

Reaction score
Well, darn...I guess it will be a little bit longer then. I suppose I can zone out and stop incessantly checking for updates for a little bit.

johnnydeformed

Reaction score

Did you order early on or later? I ask because I ordered when they had around 50 left and haven’t received any status emails.

MrWulf

Reaction score
Anyone got any update for it? I tried to contact them from the link in their website but so far no reply on when the pedal will be ship

johnnydeformed

Reaction score
Anyone got any update for it? I tried to contact them from the link in their website but so far no reply on when the pedal will be ship

I have not heard anything though admittedly, I have not reached out either. The wait isn't a big deal but I'm suspecting we're all excited to try the Ceres out.

Latest posts