KV5FR King V-opinions please!

• Thread starter revlover
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

revlover

Reaction score
Hi there
Been lusting for a Jackson V for as long as I can remember. Owned an Ibby V in my teens (which is a couple and then some decades ago :eek:) but never got around to getting the real thing...Lately I've had increasing GAS for a Jackson V though. However here in Europe the KV2 goes for more than 2000 euros (3000 usd) which is too much for me. Took a look on eBay and found a new KV5FR king V for 700 USD. Apparently this is a discontinued model but was at the time manufactured in Japan. The spec is:

Jackson KV5FR Pro Series. The KV5FR, the menacing King V™ shape, features an alder body, rock maple neck-through-body, 24 fret compound radius rosewood fingerboard, Seymour Duncan® JB™ (bridge) and Jazz™ (neck) humbucking pickups, a Floyd Rose® FRT-O2000 double-locking tremolo and black hardware. As with all Pro Series models, the KV5FR ships with a Jackson® molded hardshell case.

Anyone played this? Any input will be appreciated :yesway:

cheers!/Henrik

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

revlover

Reaction score

Dead Undead

New again
Reaction score
I didn't get to spend much time with the one I played, and it wasn't set up too well either, but it was still fun to play. It felt really well built and it sounded good too. The bridge worked just as well as an OFR and felt just as reliable. They're not really my thing, but I'd say they're worth the price.

snowblind56

Reaction score
I have the RR5FR, which is basically the same thing but a Rhoads. My Rhoads is almost on par with my USA Soloist. Basically the difference is that the the MIJ ones have a non-bound rosewood board, while the USA ones are bound ebony, which doesn't really matter for me. The build quality is top notch. If you can find one used, I would say definitely go for it.

')