KxK 7 string

• Thread starter Samer
  • Start date
  • Tags
    kxk
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ajdehoogh

blarg
Contributor
Reaction score
This one is awesome
andrew7.JPG

That one is mine. I can't wait to get it. :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pauly

Not so local lefty
Reaction score
Been awesome seeing these travel along the road from pics of wood to epic pic-stories when people get the finished guitar.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
will he be putting trems on any of his superstrat models ?

Both of my KxK's are getting OFR7's.

Was talking to Rob a couple of days ago when I called to add another payment. KxK #1 will be ready to paint next week :woot:

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Both of my KxK's are getting OFR7's.

Was talking to Rob a couple of days ago when I called to add another payment. KxK #1 will be ready to paint next week :woot:

So Rob just route's the trem and you have to supply the OFR7?

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
No, he's supplying the OFR. I ordered mine awhile ago, so I don't know if that's his new policy or not. If you're worried about availability, I'd e-mail him and ask. Or, if you're thinking of getting one, I imagine if you sent in a quote asking for one on a 7 string, he'd let you know. It's not like he would build half of it then say "Oh, btw, you need to supply the OFR" :lol:

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
So Rob just route's the trem and you have to supply the OFR7?

The problem is with supply. Rob can get 6-string bridges on demand, but the OFR-7 is much harder to come by. It seems Schecter is the only company that has them. Floyd Rose tells me a few months, every parts supplier tells me a few months, and all of Rob's contacts tell him a few months. This was a few months ago, too. :wallbash:

Everyone seems to have gold ones, a few places have chrome, and no one has black. I just scored the last black one a certrain E-bay store had this weekend, for the express purpose of sending it to Rob for my next guitar. It is extremely frustrating for all parties involved.

Rob wants nothing more than to make to make trems available on his sevens, but his hands have been tied on this. He just can't get the bridges, and he refuses to use on of the cheaper copies. He believes that an instrument in this price range should not use inferior parts, and I agree with him. Plenty of people here would complain about a LoTRs on a $2000 guitar, and have.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
I must have ordered my guitars before the supply dried up.

More than likely. What color bridge did you order? Black seems to pose the biggest problem.

I encourage everyone to call up Floyd Rose and ask to buy a black OFR-7. Complain. A lot. Call. A lot.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I guess I never really specified the colour to Rob, but then again, the guitars are pretty much going to be black in colour, so gold might look kind of shitty :lol:

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
If I get another KxK, I'm thinking about putting a gold OFR-7 on it. Total pimptastic!

Edit: OMG, I just checked the 12 Sii-7s update page. My guitar is now amazingly yellow!!! :hbang:

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Rob should do another promotion thing for like $1500 next time. but its obvious tons of people are pissed about missing out on the other deal.

Latest posts

')