KxK 7 string

• Thread starter Samer
  • Start date
  • Tags
    kxk
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
:lol: Yeah, pretty much. And that one wasn't even made to my specs.

Imagine how I felt when I discovered that it smoked my V7, and I had to send it back. :(

Rob has really grown as a builder in the last couple of years. His current work is superb.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Imagine how I felt when I discovered that it smoked my V7, and I had to send it back. :(

Rob has really grown as a builder in the last couple of years. His current work is superb.

Don't sell your V7 short--it's a helluva player. I could see some difference in the SII-7 prototype, but both are clearly the work of a builder who knows what he's doing.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Speaking of which, how is that new AeroV coming along?

F1Filter

Contributor
Reaction score
While we're waiting for new pics....

I don't know if it's because I haven't had my morning coffee yet. But I came across this vid. That 7-string looks awfully similar to the Sii-7 prototype I got my hands on @ Winter NAMM. Maybe Rob lent it out for this video shoot?

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
The lower horn is different.

EDIT: Nevermind, was the angle the camera was at.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the prototype. I think that guy is one of Rob's earliest endorsers, and probably his first 7-string player.

I wonder what Rob plans to do with the prototype?

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know if it's because I haven't had my morning coffee yet. But I came across this vid. That 7-string looks awfully similar to the Sii-7 prototype I got my hands on @ Winter NAMM. Maybe Rob lent it out for this video shoot?

Good eye. The guitar went out for that video shoot before it made it's way to me to demo.

NDG

Contributor
Reaction score
Looking bad ass :metal:

I'm a little surprised that no one went with an OFR-7.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
He didn't offer the OFR-7 with the limited time offer. They are now available at the standard price.

Rob didn't think this model, or KxK sevens in general, were going to take off the way they did. He offered a limited number of options initially, just so he could finish them quickly. He was pretty surprised by the sudden demand, actually. The board really took him by surprise. :lol:

NDG

Contributor
Reaction score
Ah I see. I was a little shocked to see it take off too.

It's nice to see people go for something instead of being a gawker like me.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Rob didn't think this model, or KxK sevens in general, were going to take off the way they did. He offered a limited number of options initially, just so he could finish them quickly. He was pretty surprised by the sudden demand, actually. The board really took him by surprise. :lol:

That doesn't amaze me as much as the high demand for the Warrior V that you say Rob has gotten. I love the look of that guitar, but really, it's highly impractical for most folks.

In a sense, I'm surprised that Rob was surprised. All it took was a quick look at the available 7-strings to see how many gaps there are in the marketplace. Even at the current full price, the SII-7 is just a crazy good deal compared what other builders can do.

BTW, the availability of the Floyd version makes it that much more likely that I'd get a second guitar. Now I just need to work on my Jedi mind tricks so that my wife agrees with me. :lol:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
BTW, the availability of the Floyd version makes it that much more likely that I'd get a second guitar. Now I just need to work on my Jedi mind tricks so that my wife agrees with me. :lol:

Hehe personally I'm waiting to see if the Kahlers with piezos or Ghost Floyd piezos surface before I get anything else built.

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
I want to see what one of those explorers are gonna look like, once you buttwipes get your Sii's :mad: :lol:

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
In a sense, I'm surprised that Rob was surprised. All it took was a quick look at the available 7-strings to see how many gaps there are in the marketplace. Even at the current full price, the SII-7 is just a crazy good deal compared what other builders can do.

Egads, NOW he offers an OFR option...:wallbash: :lol: :yesway:

')