L A K U S - My 6 string 30 Inch Build

L A K U S

Reaction score
Hello!

Here are some pics I forgott to post, showing the design of the guitar.
Enjoy!

Front:

1bc7ce1b-edf7-46d6-80e7-c8405cf726bc_zpse493defa.jpg

Back:

back_zps4e6944b3.jpg

[IMG

Side: Notice the body having the same thickness as the neck, thats 4 real!

costado_zps0b8de532.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
If the body is the same thickness as the neck, especially with a 30" scale neck, that's going to dive like a bitch.

Nice to see more baritones though. :yesway:

Purelojik

Reaction score
If the body is the same thickness as the neck, especially with a 30" scale neck, that's going to dive like a bitch.

Nice to see more baritones though. :yesway:

This. i just completed a bass and the body was tiny and the neck dives. not as bad as a BC rich bass but still dives. i used some dumbells to check how much i'd have to counterbalance and i need about 2.5-3 lbs of weight in the control cavity to counter it.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
Neck dive is a point actually, perhaps make the upper arch a little longer to move the strap lock over?

penguin_316

Reaction score
This looks awesome but I'm very concerned about neck dive as well. Especially using Lace pickups that are super light also. You may have to cave in and add another wood laminate to the back of the body.

Then again there are always those silly weights you put in your guitar strap lol.

Gregori

Reaction score
Holy shit, I'm very interested to see how this goes. If it's not neck heavy, this should be awesome.

If you do another thing guitar like this, you should make it look like a battleaxe! That's what I thought of when I saw this pic:

_DSC1190_zps635e6f8e.jpg

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
This is pretty cool looking and really, from the looks of that upper horn, I think any neck dive could be overcome easily enough.

Thumbs!

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
This is pretty cool looking and really, from the looks of that upper horn, I think any neck dive could be overcome easily enough.

Thumbs!

Yeah, especially with no headstock... Otherwise I think the horn would need to be 1½-2 inches longer, but with the headlessness there's really zero concern in my mind.

L A K U S

Reaction score
Yes, there is no neckdiving, since the neck is really really light. It has no trussrod and no head :D

L A K U S

Reaction score
Here are some more pics:

Working on the body's curvature:

_DSC1219_zps482a110c.jpg

My headless locking device prototype installed:

_DSC1220_zps8265bd73.jpg

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn that's a skinny guitar. I wanna play one that thin.

I'm sure OP isn't the first to have done a no truss rod build before, but how exactly does that work? What happens when the neck needs adjusting?

Metal_Webb

Needs more strings
Reaction score
I'm sure OP isn't the first to have done a no truss rod build before, but how exactly does that work? What happens when the neck needs adjusting?

I believe the solution is hope the neck doesn't need adjusting :lol:

@LAKUS, looking sick mate! Keen to hear how the final product sounds.

')