La Bella?

Vince Caruana

Vinsanity
Reaction score
I was looking into getting a 10-46+60+80 set from labella for a 27" scale. Its going to be in standard and ocassionally drop E and F standard. Anyone wanna give some reception on La Bella strings? Never tried em. Also do you think an .080 is going to be too heavy for F#? Just looking for a string set that can handle all these tunings fairly well.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rekab

Reaction score
An 80 will be fine for F#
I didn't care much for labella strings. Not sure why but they always sounded weird to me. I like the 10-59 daddario set plus an 80 for drop E
I recently switched to Circle K and dig those for the ability to customize sizes and balanced sets. I doubt Ill be buying anything but circle k for my 8 from here on out

obZenity

bwow-duh-da-dow
Reaction score
Personally I have an 82 on a 27" neck and it doesn't feel tight enough tuned to F. F#, maybe but still I'd go for an 84 at least. I'm going to try an 86 next time. Don't get me wrong it sounds good just doesn't feel as. . . tight as I'd like.

PS: Inb4 thats what she said.

Chuck

Reaction score
LaBella is pretty good. Just on quality, sound or feel I wouldn't say they are much different from EB's or D'addario's. But they hold tension very well

Black Mamba

Reaction score
I've used La Bella in the past, they feel and sound similar to Dunlop. They also have extremely fast shipping for what it's worth.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
I would certainly go heavier if you want regular tension :) They have some nice options available for sure but I've only tried their classical strings.

Reaction score
Their bass strings are legendary, and they're the only big name string manufacturer that put together a stock 8-string set that actually makes sense. :yesway: So I'm guessing they're not too shabby, at the very least. I ordered a custom set. We'll see how they compare to the circle k set I have on now...

Cremated

Reaction score
I had a bad experience with their customer service one time, but it all worked out eventually. I ordered a couple .086's but they gave me the wrong gauges and they weren't tapered. It took forever to get them replaced, but when they finally did, the guy sent me like five .086's and they were tapered correctly. I don't like the sound of their heavier gauges, like .080 and above. They sound like shit. Other than that they're good strings.

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
I would go a tiny bit heavier if you plan on going F standard or drop E on a 27".

Also, definitely recommend you consider CK strings :)

ForThisGift

Reaction score
I use LaBellas on all my extended scale guitars because they will custom taper them for no extra charge. I use a .090 at 27" for E and I think they sound and feel fantastic. They are not overly bright out of the package (maybe that is why some people don't like them), but they do not lose the sound they do have for an exceptionally long time. I have had some great experiences with their customer service. Eric has always gone out of his way to verify my orders and correct any mistakes made.

:yesway::yesway:

OmegaDoyle

Reaction score
I think they sound good, but I've never done a side by side test that would provide any real insight or comparison. They shipped quickly and they are willing to customize strings in case you need them to be longer or tapered differently, as was said above.

Circle K may sound better, I'm not sure, but my experience with Labella has been nothing but positive.

I should mention that I play with a lot of gain and I don't incorporate much clean playing into my music, so it could be that they are just very well suited to my style.

Quitty

Hates 'mojo'
Reaction score
I've had some... Interesting experiences with Labella. Use the search function if you're interested.

For what it's worth, they're decent strings if you really must have custom gauges. My next order will be a 6-er set with extra single strings, not Labella.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
I've been using them sucessfully for over year now on my 8 (9-82) for Drop E and haven't had any quality issues. Plus, I really like that they wind them for your scale, so the end that goes into the tuning peg doesn't need to be unwound and you don't need to modify the instrument.

')