Lace Aluma Deathbar

LolloBlaskhyrt

HD Pro abuser
Reaction score
Ok I need to upgrade my Septor Pro 727. It has stock Cepheus. They sound not bad but I need something more aggressive and less muddy. I saw this pickups, Lace Aluma Deathbars. How they sound? I play Technical Death Metal, are they a good choice? I can't find some decent demos on YT except Fred Brum's one (but it's not my genre)!! I only found a video of a guy comparing them with BKPs and EMGs...
Thanks in advance :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
The DB is very clear and tight with a low mid bump. Plenty of output, it should be fine for what you want.

LolloBlaskhyrt

HD Pro abuser
Reaction score
Great! Unfortunately in USA a DB costs 99$ (right price) but here in EU it costs 135€!! If I bought in USA I would have to pay double VAT (as for my Agile) so ... I hope I'll find a more reasonable price!

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
Hey I own the Deathbar and an Xbax in my Agile. I love them to death. They do have amazing clarity, and I love them for metal. I'll just warn you though they're not going to come close to say the agressive of a painkiller/ aftermath. Again I love mine but if your looking for a super agressive pickup, this might not be your choice unless you own a compressor of some sort. Although, if you want amazing clarity even on high gain settings using large chords, this pickup is for you. It also has a much larger tonal range then a standard humbucker. I've never heard anything quite like it.

If you have any other questions about the pickup PM me and I'll be happy to help out.

peagull

Urwało mi dupę
Reaction score
I have a Xbar and Deathbar ready to go into my Pendulum, replace the Stock active cephus pups. I'm just waiting for it to come back from refretting and I'm gonna do some before and after clips and DI's. Hopefully by this time next week that will be done so that should help give you something to chew on.

LolloBlaskhyrt

HD Pro abuser
Reaction score
I have a Xbar and Deathbar ready to go into my Pendulum, replace the Stock active cephus pups. I'm just waiting for it to come back from refretting and I'm gonna do some before and after clips and DI's. Hopefully by this time next week that will be done so that should help give you something to chew on.

Great man! I'm looking for an aggressive yet defined pickup!

peagull

Urwało mi dupę
Reaction score
Yeah I'll send you a PM when I post the thread to make sure you don't miss it. But using the DI's you should be able to re-amp it through your rig and it will give you a better idea how it sounds.

')