LACS RG 7 HAS LANDED !!! (pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GodBlessTexas

Ibanez Junky
Reaction score
As a lover of maple necked Ibanez guitars (they are my super hero weakness - I own 5) and reverse headstocks, I gotta say that's beautiful! Jealousy is not in my nature, but I am envious of that beauty.

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
I noticed alot of lacs now with maple fretboards this is a good sign....i just seen this guitar live the other day...I just dream of the same guitar without emgs...and my pickups in it...OOoowww yeah!!! m^-A--P-L.....E....

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Beautiful guitar. :eek: I really love that maple fretboard and reversed headstock too. Congrats, Buz! :hbang:

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
very cool, I'm normally not much of an Ibby fan but this one and Dave Wieners' new one could make a convert out of me yet.

ibzrg1570

Reaction score
Wow, this thing is amazing! :yesway:

BTW Buz, I just started listening to Unearth recently and your music kicks ass. I haven't heard a song that I didn't like. Hope you guys stop by the Bay Area sometime, I'd definitely check it out.

purple_hazer

Brother Hypernia
Reaction score
cant say i dig the tunes all that much but hey. you have rediculously good taste in guitars (tbf, the riffage is pretty pwn, just not my favorite vocals)

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
I dunno, I've never been a huge fan of maple boards (the only real exception being on Tele-style guitars). Why are they so lusted after?

Is this like the general fascination with blondes (which I also don't understand)?

Miek

POSTING ON INTERNET
Reaction score
I dont know, I guess I might have picked up on it because it's a "fad" but I wanted one before I even saw Dave Weiners newest 7 and Buz's.
It's something I started to want after I first so the Loomis I think. I love ebony, but on some guitars it looks boring so I go for maple which has the similar quality i like ebony for: Not being rosewood.

purple_hazer

Brother Hypernia
Reaction score
blue and maple is my favorite

but then again, blue and ebony can easily be equally pwn if not pwner

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
I dunno, I've never been a huge fan of maple boards (the only real exception being on Tele-style guitars). Why are they so lusted after?

Is this like the general fascination with blondes (which I also don't understand)?

Because maple fretboards have a slightly 'snappier' and brighter tone. Which helps when using alot of distortion as it helps bring the guitar out more in the mix.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
and raw "oiled" maple necks have a feeling all their own.
It's addictive, you can really feel the fret board under your fingers.
To me anyway, it just feels like a more responsive wood.

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
Maple just has better attack and definition than the other woods - which is why I prefer it.

')