Lamb of God

• Thread starter heilarkyguitar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mountainjam

Reaction score
Because metal fans cant seem to handle the fact that some metalbands just get big.
I love LoG and I look forward to new albums.
It has nothing at all to do with being "big". Log raised their own bar to high with ATPB and AOTW for themselves. Imo, 2 of the best straight up metal albums ever released. But everything since has been a huge dissapointment. I guess im just an old school fan, I saw them when they were burn the priest, in a little Shit box club in roanoke va, long before they had any success.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LamaSabachthani

Reaction score
Personally I think of LoG as a very good "benchmark" so to speak of modern metal. They're kind of 'straight-ahead' metal if that makes any sense. Love their stuff, they always seem to come up with really good grooves, killer riffs, and catchy songs. So what if they're successful? Doesn't instantly make them undesirable to listen to...

I rather agree. Sometimes I don't want to have to wrap my damned mind around odd meter and the more esoteric parts of music theory... why is it bad to just jam the fuck out and bang your head?

LamaSabachthani

Reaction score
They have lasted so long and become so popular because their music is good and has remained at a good level.

I dont think they've really made a 'bad' record. Look at bands like Bodom who have become worse with each new record, least the LoG guys are churning out good music even if it is very similar. Amon Amarth are the same.

I will concede they sound very 'similar' on every record, but only insofar as they have been able to develop an extremely distinct sound. I bet most of us could identify any song of theirs as being a LoG sound purely by the way it sounds.

I think that's pretty badass.

Jontain

Reaction score
Never seen LoG as a ground breaking band looking to change the future of metal etc etc, but what they do they do very well in my opinion.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
LOG is fucking amazing. Randy Bylthe is one of the best vocalists around imo, he sounds like he fucking ate throat cancer and gravel. Their production has got so huge on recent stuff they sound massive. They might sound kinda samey to some, but they do what they do very well and never disappoint to me. No fucking way they should throw in the towel ha ha.

Grimriffer

Melter of Faces
Reaction score
LoG kicks ass too this day. I really don't understand the kids who hate on Wrath. Wrath was a kick ass album with some top-notch grooves.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
The problem is the formula that they write with - they've covered all of the angles.

Phrygian triplets... ummmmmmm, what next?

They are a talented band, as players they are all tight as hell, but as a band they haven't really progressed past Ashes of the Wake.

ivancic1al

Probrem?
Reaction score
^ Though, true for some reason that doesn't bother me. When I'm in the right mood, I can listen to multiple albums and not tell them apart, and sometimes that's a good thing, makes their catalog seem like one epic album. Conversely, when I listen to say, Mastodon, their style changes so much with each album, and I wish they made maybe like 1 more album's worth of material before they switched styles. Love both bands, just for different reasons I guess is what I'm getting at.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
My favourite LoG album is As The Palaces Burn because it's so raw and caustic, paying no mind to the aesthetic they adopted past this album.

Steve08

Reaction score
The problem is the formula that they write with - they've covered all of the angles.

Phrygian triplets... ummmmmmm, what next?

They are a talented band, as players they are all tight as hell, but as a band they haven't really progressed past Ashes of the Wake.
Yeah, totally agreed. My favorite is New American Gospel personally, the two after aren't bad at all though. They don't really have any unique riffs that stand out much anymore, which is a shame.

Opeth666

Reaction score
I know we are musicians but try to enjoy the music for the way it is. I have no complaints about LOG and hopefully never will. I enjoy everything they have put out.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
My favorite album is "Ashes Of The Wake". I did enjoy the two after that as well. I think they still write really awesome songs, I mean hell the last song on "Wrath" is an amazing song!

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
the double time section in contractor is absolutely mental... love it.

Contractor never fails to put a smile on my face. :lol:

I think, on the whole, Ashes is my favorite album - it's just a really good mix of riffs and writing. The production of Wrath is very good though, and it also has some really good songs (and a bunch of mediocre ones) - Contractor, Grace, etc. Actually, I don't know how many of you tracked down their bonus songs from Wrath - Condemn the Hive, Shoulder of your God, and We Die Alone - but they're some of the best songs they've done to date, and really should have made the album :nuts:

LamaSabachthani

Reaction score
Contractor never fails to put a smile on my face. :lol:

I think, on the whole, Ashes is my favorite album - it's just a really good mix of riffs and writing. The production of Wrath is very good though, and it also has some really good songs (and a bunch of mediocre ones) - Contractor, Grace, etc. Actually, I don't know how many of you tracked down their bonus songs from Wrath - Condemn the Hive, Shoulder of your God, and We Die Alone - but they're some of the best songs they've done to date, and really should have made the album :nuts:

It's odd because I don't actually really like the rest of that song, but that section is just absolutely insane. the drums are fast and heavy as hell, the guitars are pummeling 16th notes, and Randy Blythe's screaming... hot damn!:bowdown:

')