Lamb of God

• Thread starter KillMAH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've actually got a mpy of "the 11th hour" kicking around somewhere on my laptop, and the best thing I can say about them is that at the time, I didn't realize they were a new band, I figured they were probably about ten years old.

Of course, depending on your perspective, that could also be the worst thing I could say about them, lol. They're alright - not my thing, really (although Opeth is the only band that gets talked up here a lot that really is, honestly), but not unspleasant to listen to.

-D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
I've actually got a mpy of "the 11th hour" kicking around somewhere on my laptop, and the best thing I can say about them is that at the time, I didn't realize they were a new band, I figured they were probably about ten years old.

Of course, depending on your perspective, that could also be the worst thing I could say about them, lol. They're alright - not my thing, really (although Opeth is the only band that gets talked up here a lot that really is, honestly), but not unspleasant to listen to.

-D
You shall move to Toledo and we shall form a Lamb of God 7-string Tribute band. This I Decree, Drew!

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Haha, I would, but, well, not really my thing. Opeth, Tool, or OSI, we can talk. ;)

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
Haha, I would, but, well, not really my thing. Opeth, Tool, or OSI, we can talk. ;)
You will is getting weeeeeeeak... you feel the urge to shout "Now... you've got... something, to die for!"

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
You will is getting weeeeeeeak... you feel the urge to shout "Now... you've got... something, to die for!"

Why do I feel the urge to move to Toledo? :shred:

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
noodles said:
Why do I feel the urge to move to Toledo? :shred:
Yeah dude. We've got arson, race riots, lots of gangs... why wouldn't you want to come here?

But when you show up, LoG an octave lower. ROOOOOWR. Drew, your ass is out. Noodles is in.

Props to Toshiro and HB'er... keepers of all that is metal :spock:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
You shall move to Toledo and we shall form a Lamb of God 7-string Tribute band. This I Decree, Drew!

Bob, what about our 7-string ZZ Top tribute band? WHAT HAPPENS TO THAT!?

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Naren said:
Bob, what about our 7-string ZZ Top tribute band? WHAT HAPPENS TO THAT!?
Are you kidding? I've already got the record execs beating down my door. They just wanna know WHERE the FUCK is Eric at? :p

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
Are you kidding? I've already got the record execs beating down my door. They just wanna know WHERE the FUCK is Eric at? :p

Dude, I think I deleted your e-mail about that. I'm so sorry. Hope Rick has got his chops down on the 6-string bass version of "Tush."

(Just furikomied my money off to Ishibashi for the Blaze Custom just now. Hell yeah. ZZ Top will never be the same.)

KillMAH

Mr. Fumblefingers
Reaction score
noodles said:
I think most people will tell you that the real techincal guy in the band is the drummer. The man is a machine. LoG shines the most at being incredibly tight.

:agreed: He is absurdly good. He's also one of the drummers that actually advances the song instead of keep it together, a la Bonzo. All members of Zeppelin were great, but Bonzo made them shine.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Naren said:
Dude, I think I deleted your e-mail about that. I'm so sorry. Hope Rick has got his chops down on the 6-string bass version of "Tush."

(Just furikomied my money off to Ishibashi for the Blaze Custom just now. Hell yeah. ZZ Top will never be the same.)
Did you see my post about Rick possibly moving, dude?

BTW... you'll love your Blaze Custom. How's that bridge doing? Fixed?

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
I listened to the newest LOG disc for a long time; I really like the guitar work, rhythm work much better than lead...then Nevermore dropped TGE...I think LOG is still around here someplace, but I haven't bothered to find it for about 3 months :hbang: :shred: :hbang:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
Did you see my post about Rick possibly moving, dude?

BTW... you'll love your Blaze Custom. How's that bridge doing? Fixed?

Are you serious? No, I didn't see that post. Geez, what's up with that?

As for my bridge, they called me up and told me that it wasn't broken; that it had probably just came loose. I find that hard to believe since, when I compared the left and right parts of the bridge, there was a moderately big part ripped out of the right side. But, if they say there's nothing wrong with it, we'll see if they're right... I'm pretty sure I'll love the Blaze Custom.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
Thats pretty much it ;p

Actually, I liked them better when Slayer did it the first time. Take away the howl, and that's basically what they are.

His lyrics are actually quite well-written. Too bad you can't understand them. That said, I like the band, in small doses. We played a festival with them after "Palaces" came out, and they were pretty entertaining...

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
eaeolian said:
His lyrics are actually quite well-written. Too bad you can't understand them. That said, I like the band, in small doses. We played a festival with them after "Palaces" came out, and they were pretty entertaining...

I actually find Blythe one of the most articulate of the screamer/growler bunch. Listen to it a few times, and you can understand every word he says. I used to find his voice annoying, but it grew on me. And if you can stand Tom Araya's vox...

Their best quality, bar none, is there groove. I guess I'm just geneticly programmed to bang my head when I hear their stuff.

')