Lamb of God

• Thread starter KillMAH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KillMAH

Mr. Fumblefingers
Reaction score
Lamb of God is by far one of my favorite bands. Tight technical guitar work with great tone and lots of feel, brutal vocals, and a sic drummer...what's not to like? I read that they are taking a break from writing their next album for a European tour. Anyone know when the next album is coming out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
they're a good band. i like the technicality of their riffs. one thing that doesn't do it for me is the vox. they are very bland and heard everywhere. still a good band nonetheless. can't wait for their new album whenever that is :D

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
nyck said:
they're a good band. i like the technicality of their riffs. one thing that doesn't do it for me is the vox. they are very bland and heard everywhere. still a good band nonetheless. can't wait for their new album whenever that is :D
I actually think LoG's vocals are the best of the new breed death metal/metalcore/american metal bands. Heavy, but crisp and articulate, with lots of power and grit. Randy Blythe is the shit, IMO :hbang:

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
I actually think LoG's vocals are the best of the new breed death metal/metalcore/american metal bands. Heavy, but crisp and articulate, with lots of power and grit. Randy Blythe is the shit, IMO :hbang:

He sounds like he's breathing in while talking. Doesn't do it for me.

Shadows Fall and Trivium are much better IMO.

Vacant

Seven Strings
Reaction score
Great band, great guitar work, good bassist and drummer, and their vocalist has superb range. Though the guitarist kicked the shit out of his drunken ass on the side of the street on the dvd :hbang:

Dylan7620

that guy
Reaction score
i like his vocals. better than the same old death metal cookie monster sound. though some metalheads don't think they're as good as older thrash-esq and i guess tech. speaking that might be true but the're one of the best new metal bands out there and ashes of the wake (the song) i think proves they can at least hold their own. BTW for those of you that don't know that song is an intrumental with chris poland and alex skolnick (i never did well in spelling) doing guest solos. good stuff.

i don't know when new album is coming out but in the meantime their catalog is already quite decent with as the palacecs burn and new american gospel. and not to forget burn the priest.

cadenhead

Get Some!
Reaction score
Dylan7620 said:
...and not to forget burn the priest.
That by far is the best one! :hbang:

If you don't know, burn the priest is lamb of god's original name. I read an article about how they got banned from the LA Forum because of that name.

KillMAH

Mr. Fumblefingers
Reaction score
Regor said:
Shadows Fall and Trivium are much better IMO.

Well. LoG is still one of my favorites, but you just named two of the others. Shadows Fall's guitar work is amazing, and I like Trivium's songwriting. Although, I think the lyrics are what swing it for me. LoG just have more guts. "I will show you all that I have mastered...fear, pain, hatred, power. This is the art of ruin." Grrr...

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Meh, i dont see how the riffs are technical at all...
They've got this hype that i think they just dont live up to :/

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
Meh, i dont see how the riffs are technical at all...
They've got this hype that i think they just dont live up to :/
Lamb of God compared to Bach's Well-Tempered Clavier... not technical.

Lamb of God compared to Limp Bisquick... fuckin' EXTREMELY technical.

It's all in perspective. I find them somewhat technical, and very cool. So they dont live up to their hype. Maybe so, maybe not... it's all perspective. Do you like their music? That's what counts, shit. Can you rock to it? I can. So can lots of others... hence, the so-called "hype." Whether justified or not.

Well, do you?

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
well, let me put it this way: when i first heard of them, everyone was like "Oh my god, they're SO Technical" and "Oh my god, they sound like Oldschool thrash " "Best metal band ever" etc. so naturally, i was like "Alright, this should be interesting. But then i heard it, and it was pretty average, so i was really let down.. I really found nothing in the album to justify listening to it or buying it.

Sentient

Metal Dog
Contributor
Reaction score
Learning to play "11th Hour" from start to finish, and (eventually) getting it up to speed, was probably one of the more satisfying songs I've ever learned. That's some great riffage, and just damn fun to play. :metal:

And while I'm not the biggest Randy Blythe fan, I must say that at the 1:10 mark of the title track to "As the Palaces Burn", when the beat goes half-time & the guy screams "My redemption lies in your demise", I do proclaim that shit right there to be very badass, indeed. :hbang:

Burke

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
KillMAH said:
Although, I think the lyrics are what swing it for me. LoG just have more guts. "I will show you all that I have mastered...fear, pain, hatred, power. This is the art of ruin." Grrr...

You said it, man! Randy Blythe is one of the best lyricists in metal today, and is probably the best at the socio-political and religious commentary that Dave Mustaine ruled at in the 80s.

Bombs to set the people free, blood to feed the dollar tree,
Flags for coffins on the screen, oil for the machine.
Army of liberation, gunpoint indoctrination,
The fires of sedition, Fulfill the prophecy.

Send the children to the fire, sons and daugthers stack the pyre,
Stoke the flame of the empire, live to lie another day,
Face of hypocrisy, raping democracy,
Apocalyptic, we count the days.

Dylan7620

that guy
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
well, let me put it this way: when i first heard of them, everyone was like "Oh my god, they're SO Technical" and "Oh my god, they sound like Oldschool thrash " "Best metal band ever" etc. so naturally, i was like "Alright, this should be interesting. But then i heard it, and it was pretty average, so i was really let down.. I really found nothing in the album to justify listening to it or buying it.

heh heh, that goes to show you... hype sucks! they are in no way the best metal band ever, nor are mark morton and willie adler "virtuosos". but in a world where hawthorne heights and my chemical romance are all over, lamb of god remains as one of the few band in the mainstream that doesn't make me sick to my stomach.

Bastard Toadflax

Change is on the way...
Reaction score
I have to disagree with you there, HB'er. learn some songs, youll see that the riffs are more technical than you think. My band is doing a couple covers of LoG to fill in some time (and because they are fun as shit to play) at a halloween show, and learning them was actually a mild challenge. Not the most complex and complicated riffs, but definately well above average. Learning them actually improved my chops a little bit and i also found some new sounds and tonalities to work with. :hbang:

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
I think most people will tell you that the real techincal guy in the band is the drummer. The man is a machine. LoG shines the most at being incredibly tight.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
Dude, you probably like to solve calculus problems for fun in your spare time :lol:

Dark Tranquillity

Gothenburg Guitarist
Reaction score
Or he could just not like the band, to me log are just bland metalcore. The Red chord, between the buried and me, ..heck even Shadows fall are much better to me.....

')