Lands Beyond "Beneath The Burden Of Haven" (modern/prog/metal)

• Thread starter utarefson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

utarefson

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Altho I didn't post here yet, I've been lurking a lot. My band Lands Beyond just released a debut EP titled "Beneath The Burden Of Haven" which of course you can download for free (link below)!

Obviously we're using 7string guitars, tuned to dropG#. Our music can be described as modern riffage, a bit of synths, bit of melodies, with interesting vocals.

Anyway, let us know how do you like our stuff, any kind of feedback is welcome.

Lands Beyond on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

EP dl link: http://www.hypermail.pl/landsbeyond/Lands Beyond - Beneath The Burden Of Haven PROMO.rar

front.jpg

Add us on myspace too!

Cheers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, the vocals pretty much ruin any chance it had for me to enjoy. I cannot abide screaming/grunting vox. Vocals aside, it doesn't seem to bring anything new to the table. I listened to slaves of the underworld and divine revolution.

From a mix perspective, these songs have no low end, possibly left too much bass frequency to the guitar and created mush over the bass ?

utarefson

Reaction score
Thanks man! As I said, it's our first release so no surprise that it's not a world class production, especially couse we made everything by ourselves (except gutars reamp and mastering).

cryogen

Reaction score
Sounds good man, thanks for sharing. Your singer sounds a bit like Nergal, which is a good thing IMO.

I could actually hear the bass decently on these shitty speakers hooked up to my computer here at work, so not sure what the other dude that commented is talking about. Bass is never very present in death metal otherwise it ends up sounding sort of strange. There are exceptions to that rule however.

King Ian

Reaction score
Reminds me of a mix of Korn, Mnemic and Nergal's vocals, which is awesome to me. Very good stuff. Like others said though, mixing could be better, but mixing comes with money. :)

nojyeloot

Reaction score
Well, the vocals pretty much ruin any chance it had for me to enjoy.
Respectfully, I disagree. Actually like the vocals

Vocals aside, it doesn't seem to bring anything new to the table.
I somewhat agree, but I think parts are quite clever and like. They've got a bit of a different sound though I can also hear where they're like "those other guys"

From a mix perspective, these songs have no low end, possibly left too much bass frequency to the guitar and created mush over the bass ?
I agree.

All in all well done. Especially for a first attempt. I can see you getting better and better :yesway::yesway:

Thanks for the free EP :hbang:

')