Laney gs212 cab ..any reviews?

ashishgod5

Reaction score
Hey

Greetings from Indian..
I'm planning to buy a small bedroom size amp.
I'm thinking of getting tiny terror , or micro terror..which someone is obviously bringing in from US as they are not easily available here..
Now I can't ask the same guy to bring a cab for me cause tiny terrors are small and easy to carry where as cabs are big and heavy..
So I was thinking of Laney 2x12 gs212 cause its easily available here and are cheap.. I don't have any other option..maybe a Marshall haze cab and umm...that's it..
So any one who has any experience with Laney 2x12
Thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

T-e-r-r-y

Reaction score
I had a GS4x12 which I really liked, but recently sold because it was a pain to transport in my small car. I believe Paul Gilbert used to use 3 GS212 cabs, you can see them on the Snowball of Doom live vids.
The Celestion 70 -80 speakers are quite nice, but a bit on the bright side. I personally really liked my cab, but I've heard lots of guys saying the Laney cabs are quite "toppy" in comparison to higher end cabs.

jrstinkfish

Reaction score
Hey

Greetings from Indian..
I'm planning to buy a small bedroom size amp.
I'm thinking of getting tiny terror , or micro terror..which someone is obviously bringing in from US as they are not easily available here..
Just a FYI -- change the preamp tube in the Micro Terror as soon as you can. I bought one the other day, and I was not very satisfied with the tone. Opened it up, and it contained ... some generic tube, no branding, nothing. I stuck an old RCA tube in there that I removed from my VTM-60, and man, the difference is dramatic.

I love the little bugger now, and it's LOOOOOUD.

Latest posts