Laney Ironheart Studio 15W Rack Amp, 15W Mini Amp, and 15W TI Combo (New for 2013)

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
I bet the second option. Which is why I bought it now before it goes the way of the perpetually out of stock white 5150III 50w head

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

0 Xero 0

Reaction score
John from Monuments got one of these the other day, but he didn't reply to my comment when I asked if these sounded exactly like the bigger versions. He just said it sounded awesome. I can't wait to hear some demos from people on here!

Aztec

On a perennial quest
Reaction score
In the IRT Studio manual it says that you should keep 1U above and 1U below the amp empty, is that really necessary in a well ventilated room?

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
I guess this isn't about the unit itself but about possible issues with other equipment being near a hot piece of equipment.
In a standard rack I usually put the power amp down even if the heat goes up because of weight. will have to see what's the airflow in that thing, I guess I can put my SE100 below without space without an issue. If a Mesa 50 didn't blow it, this won't either.

stormrider66

Reaction score
I have ordered mine (IRT Studio) yesterday, also from Thomann.
Now the estimated delivery day has been updated to February 20th.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
My friend Mark is using this right now on a record and the tracks he's sent me have been UNREAL..... it's been beating the 5153 mixes easily.

stormrider66

Reaction score
My friend Mark is using this right now on a record and the tracks he's sent me have been UNREAL..... it's been beating the 5153 mixes easily.

Arrrgh, hurry up Thomann!! LOL

Do you think we can hear a sample of this? ;-)

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score

Ok, you have successfully made me drool on a product I already paid. Congratulations. :lol:

spaghettipomodoro

Reaction score
If I got the Ironheart Studio, could I send an output signal to the cab in the traditional manner and then send the DI output signal to the mixing board at the same time? Most amps that have DI features require you to not use the cabs as it fucks with the dummy load (to my knowledge)

Underworld

Reaction score

Wait, what? Now you got me. Please ask your friend if he minds to share these tracks with us poor mortals :bowdown:

nowhere

ss.org irregular
Reaction score
waaaait,

thomann has them in stock ? at first they said it will arrive in march ...

PS - the guy that want to go with the v3m, i'd say not. i really not like laney as a brand (although i am buying the irt)
as far as i know - the v3m does not cut it. its not as versatile (i think all carvins suffer from this) and has less features even if it has an extra channel.
for the sake of tones and versatility i'd say between the 2 get the Laney

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Sorry guys - can't share samples any samples :(

I promise I'm not over hyping it though, I'm really impressed!

spaghettipomodoro

Reaction score
If I got the Ironheart Studio, could I send an output signal to the cab in the traditional manner and then send the DI output signal to the mixing board at the same time? Most amps that have DI features require you to not use the cabs as it fucks with the dummy load (to my knowledge)

:bump:

guitarfishbay

Reaction score
I don't own it, I just looked in the manual online. Page 17 clearly shows this to be possible http://www.laney.co.uk/uploads/be5d7e69a1be34fca1380d941a689574.pdf

Your options (from reading the manual of an amp I don't even own) are

DI + no speaker connected = ok for silent recording
DI + speaker connected to IRT and cab = ok to run both at once
DI + speaker cable connected to IRT but not to cab = NO because this bypasses the internal dummy load and makes it think there should be a load

So basically if you connect a speaker cable, you have to connect at both sides (amp and cab). If you don't connect a speaker cable there is a dummy load internally which is ok. Page 13 point 9.

Hope that helps.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
I don't plan to use it in a nomadic way, but the downside I see with that cooling issue is, what's the point of 2U if you can't put anything and need 2U for cooling, though.

Latest posts

')