Laney Ironheart Studio 15W Rack Amp, 15W Mini Amp, and 15W TI Combo (New for 2013)

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder if the whole nothing above or below is just a cover their ass statement.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
Think depth of the units above and below as well, I wouldn't concider a behringer tuner as even being there.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Think depth of the units above and below as well, I wouldn't concider a behringer tuner as even being there.
True. I'll have to see what the openings look like on top and bottom, seem like it's not all solid metal but there's a cooling hole.
Well, we'll see. ^^

Matt_D_

Reaction score
get a 1u rackmount fan system to blow air over the unit?
im pretty interested in these. be interesting to see what you guys think when you get one.

Metaloaf

Reaction score
Does anyone know where these are available in the US? I've only found it on gearhounds but I've never ordered from there and I'm not sure the site reflects true availability; is the site good/trusted? anywhere else to get the IRT studio in the US?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I think AMS and ZZSounds stocks them. But Gearhounds is a trustworthy site, from what I'm told and read. They also have sweet deals pretty often.

Metaloaf

Reaction score
I think AMS and ZZSounds stocks them. But Gearhounds is a trustworthy site, from what I'm told and read. They also have sweet deals pretty often.

I checked AMS and zzounds but it is not listed; are those 3 stores the only Laney dealers online? aside from smaller stores which may have a website?

Orren

Industrial Metalhead
Reaction score

I would agree with all of the above. I'd just add that when Gearhounds says that the IRT-Studio is "ready for order" that isn't any sort of timeline for delivery; that just means Gearhounds is taking preorders while Zzounds or AMS isn't yet. I personally haven't read anything specific about when to expect it in the USA.

Orren

Norrie

Reaction score
Hi all I am new here.

Well I bought my Irt Yesterday and playing with it since.

The tones are just like its big brothers and kick ass !!!!

But.... here is the bad stuff....

I bought this to use becase of the power soak and reamp feature thinking I could reamp without using the the audio interface built in as I have the one in my studio

There are no Asio drivers only WDM. Also the driver is made by samsung !!!! Wtf Is with that all about ?

With USB in WDM the latency is shocking no matter what buffer size and the sound is unusable. Muddy horrible and would put anyone off.

If you use asio drivers for you audio interface as I do this is a show stopper

It can only record at 16bit / 48khz

The reamp has to be used through the usb in and re amp out back into the 1watt input then back out the usb.

Ive tried every way there is and cant find no way to reamp full analog.

I have emailed laney and the store and will know more tomorrow

Now I have to decide do I keep it and buy a different reamp box so I can reamp or send it back and get the ir 60 a palmer reamp box and power soak ?

If anyone can see in the manual how to send wet and dry to record using analog in to a daw ready to reamp with out the use of the usb please let me know ?...

Great tones though so a tough choice to make.

Norrie

Last edited:

Norrie

Reaction score
I was thinking of buying a Roland quad-capture interface to start recording, and was also starting to look for a small tube head (5150 III most likely). But now with this!!! :scream:
I just want to be clear: Could the IRT studio accomplish what both of these would do? meaning, can it be a proper small tube head and interface as it is? or would an interface still be preferred over the IRT studio for recording purposes? Aside from the additional ins/outs on the interface, phantom power and preamp on an interface, would it still be 'sufficient' (for lack of a better word) to use the IRT studio as an interface if I'm only going to be recording one guitar with it?

I could always get an interface later for additional features, but just wanted to know how capable the IRT could be for recording purposes.

If only one guitar then yes but the WDM drivers suck

Aztec

On a perennial quest
Reaction score
Let us know when you get a response from Laney. I had feeling that the audio interface part of this amp would be sub par.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
It can only record at 16bit / 48khz

Axe FX II is 48Khz also, I guess this comes from the USB chip for some technical reason. (Which, as the driver would hint, is likely made by Samsung)
Truth be told, for a sub 500€ amp, I didn't expect anything from the USB thingy. ^^
I'll do tests when I receive mine and publish results. I plan to try multiple recording methods, direct, through a sound card, and through a hardware cab sim. (SE100)

The tones are just like its big brothers and kick ass !!!!
That is the important part. :)

Aztec

On a perennial quest
Reaction score
Kind of an OT question, but Norrie, you registered here and on metalguitarist just to report the issue with the driver?

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
L´envoi de votre commande contient les articles suivants:
=========================================================

001.00 LANEY IRT-STUDIO
all-valve guitar head, 15 W, 2x EL84 & 3x ECC83, <1W input
option for cranked power tube tones at low volume, Full
IRONHEART pre-amplifier (3 channels, pre-boost, pull boost
numéro d'article: 305321, quantité: 1 Pc(s)

:cool:It shipped

Aztec

On a perennial quest
Reaction score
Mine did too, but you guys are going to recieve it way before me, congratz. :D

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
definitely would like some solid reviews of tone, features and usability when you gets them them. I'm done with reviews on store sites and places like HC, too easy for parties with an interest in perfect reviews to pay someone to give good reviews of gear without mentioning glaring flaws.

Latest posts

')