Laney IRT-Pulse

• Thread starter JD27
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cGoEcYk

Reaction score
Basically a t00b overdrive pedal?

I'd love to have the IRT as an actual preamp.

Elric

Reaction score

I'd love to have the IRT as an actual preamp.

They already make that. IRT-Studio. The DI out cab emulation can be defeated and the internal power amp engages a dummy load when not in use. So with no load and cab emulation off it is usable like any other rack tube preamp (MP-1, JMP-1, Rocktron, Triaxis, et al).

Jaimie

Pinkie Anchorer
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I was invited to the Ibanez and Laney HQ here in England to meet some folks. I will be doing a playthrough with one in a couple weeks time and I'll upload it to my channel. I'll try and post it on this thread.

Works fantastic as a preamp even before another ironheart, but one thing someone told me yesterday which didn't cross my mind was using it on a pedal train nano, how cool is that? Rig on the go?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0aW5k4Vt3M

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
They already make that. IRT-Studio. The DI out cab emulation can be defeated and the internal power amp engages a dummy load when not in use. So with no load and cab emulation off it is usable like any other rack tube preamp (MP-1, JMP-1, Rocktron, Triaxis, et al).

I've been meaning to try mine setup that way through my 5153 50w.

Reaction score

I'd think of it more like a single channel tube preamp. Most "tube" OD's are kinda bullshit. They just use the tube to "warm up" the solid state sound. Effectrode and Blackstar are the only other ones I can think of off-hand that actually drive the tubes. Of course you can't power them with a battery. :lol:

Jaimie

Pinkie Anchorer
Reaction score
Hi Guys!

So Ibanez/Laney UK set me up with one of these and I've done a demo of it as well as how to record with USB. There aren't any videos about how to do this online (as of yet) so it's great the video has filled the gap on the technical front about how to do this. I'm no mastermind at recording/producing so took a LONG time trying to do this myself but it really is quite simple! I should really go on an Advanced Pro Tools course sometime..... :nuts:

Same works for the Ironheart studio btw, you just need to have a lead out from the studio to PC if you are reamping whereas pulse is just a single USB lead for everything.

Here's a litle vid I did. Thanks again to Ibanez and Laney for all your support.

Recording via USB with the Laney Ironheart

')