Laney - Stupid Midi Question

redragon

Reaction score
I have a Laney IRT Studio. Love the map, but hate the massive foot switch.

Here's the dumb question. Can I use a BOSS ES-5 or similar to replace the switching or not so much.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Not easily. IRT doesn't support MIDI, so while you could plug a 5 pin cable in you need a device between the Laney and Boss to map the foot switchable functions. Something like a Voodoo Lab Control Switcher, and then into the ES-5.

redragon

Reaction score
Thanks! Smart answer to my stupid question.

For the record, that amps, if any, DO have a midi foot switch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Most Diezels, Engls, H&K, some Randalls, Peavey Invective, Marshall JVM, Mesa JP2C and Triple Crown, Koch Supernova, Sunergy. And a bunch of rack stuff like the Triaxis, JMP-1, digital stuff like Axe FX, Kemper and Helix.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Most Diezels, Engls, H&K, some Randalls, Peavey Invective, Marshall JVM, Mesa JP2C and Triple Crown, Koch Supernova, Sunergy. And a bunch of rack stuff like the Triaxis, JMP-1, digital stuff like Axe FX, Kemper and Helix.

Throw the Marshall JVM and 6100 in there, too.

And in the Randall realm as you said, the MTS series and the V2/T2, probably 2 of the best high-gain hybrid amps in existence (Besides the Marshall 8100/8200).

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Throw the Marshall JVM and 6100 in there, too.

And in the Randall realm as you said, the MTS series and the V2/T2, probably 2 of the best high-gain hybrid amps in existence (Besides the Marshall 8100/8200).
Literally staring at my JVM's MIDI sockets across the room...

Also Framus and Egnater.

All the German amps.