Laptop vs Quad Cortex

• Thread starter kentheterrible
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Achilleion

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Having recently bought a QC I'd go with that, my reasons are I prefer hardware over software.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheArsonistsDaughter

Reaction score
Sounds like you've kind of landed on a refurb Macbook air and FM3...which sounds like a good solution for what you're doing with the opportunity to adapt it as your needs change...adding a loadbox with the fractal for fx, adding a dedicated interface, etc. Since your tube amps are hanging around, going with a "both/and" setup rather than an "either/or" setup will offer you more possibilities down the road. And really trying not to muddy the waters as you're already getting every suggestion under the sun...lol...but a used fractal AX8 could be another possibility to save some of your budget...

kentheterrible

cheer up emo kid
Reaction score
Sounds like you've kind of landed on a refurb Macbook air and FM3...which sounds like a good solution for what you're doing with the opportunity to adapt it as your needs change...adding a loadbox with the fractal for fx, adding a dedicated interface, etc. Since your tube amps are hanging around, going with a "both/and" setup rather than an "either/or" setup will offer you more possibilities down the road. And really trying not to muddy the waters as you're already getting every suggestion under the sun...lol...but a used fractal AX8 could be another possibility to save some of your budget...
Always good to have options! Lol.

Latest posts

')