Large Picstory: Chicago Amp Hunt

• Thread starter Regor
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
3 K for an amp? :ugh:

I don't think any amp on earth could sound that good to me.

Come up to Ypsilanti with Leon on May 20th. You'll change your mind! :agreed:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
Dude, that was fucking awesome!! I feel like I was there. I really wish I was, too. That pizza looked kickass.

Listened to some sound samples on the triamp, and it does indeed sound good.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
I gotta drive down there. I am only an hour away from there. I want to give the Fulltone ChoralFlange a swing anyway.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Although that guitar store looked badass, only one thing really grabbed my attention and has driven me to madness: that PIZZA. I would pay like $70 if I could get a good Chicago style deep dish pizza here in Japan. I've only been to Chicago once, but I had a great time and I had like 2-3 deep dish pizzas during the week or so that I stayed that. I also worked at Pizza Hut where we had our Chicago Style deep dish. Although it clearly wasn't a "real" deep dish, it tasted pretty similar and was pretty damn good... You've succeeded in making me Michigan-sick (can't say homesick since I don't live there anymore). Once I get rich, I'll have to get me one of those them there amps.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Naren said:
Although that guitar store looked badass, only one thing really grabbed my attention and has driven me to madness: that PIZZA. I would pay like $70 if I could get a good Chicago style deep dish pizza here in Japan. I've only been to Chicago once, but I had a great time and I had like 2-3 deep dish pizzas during the week or so that I stayed that. I also worked at Pizza Hut where we had our Chicago Style deep dish. Although it clearly wasn't a "real" deep dish, it tasted pretty similar and was pretty damn good... You've succeeded in making me Michigan-sick (can't say homesick since I don't live there anymore). Once I get rich, I'll have to get me one of those them there amps.

I can ship one to Japan.......How much is it worth to ya? :lol:

Makelele

Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:

We pay a lot more for Mesas over here. A Dual Rectifier costs 2600€, so about $3100, and a Roadking costs 3880€ so about $4600, and that's the price if you order one from Germany. Over here they're even more expensive.

bibz

Reaction score
amps shmamps, what about all those charvel stratheads!!!
any more pics of the charvel/jackson stuff?

Sentient

Metal Dog
Contributor
Reaction score
Naren said:
Although that guitar store looked badass, only one thing really grabbed my attention and has driven me to madness: that PIZZA.
:lol: I'm with Naren. Damn, I was hungry as soon as I saw that thing. \m/

Thanks for the great picstory, Rog. Supremely done, and you really made us feel like we were all along for the ride (even at 100 mph :eek:)... damn, it's hard to pick a favorite photo, between the music shop pics, the speedometer, or that pizza. :yesway:

Shaman

Reaction score
Brilliant mate, absolutely brilliant!!

Thanx for the pics, and damn you for making me hungry as hell ;) (pizzzaaaaa!!)

SILENT FACTOR

7's are Metal!
Contributor
Reaction score
Like everyone else-- Cool Picstory! :minions:Yes that pie looks tasty:drool:
I was also woundering about those charvels. They look pretty sweet, I wish they made those in 7's.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:

I don't think any amp on earth could sound that good to me.

Actually, they do. They're stupid versatile, too. Three completely independent channels, footswitchable between two gain knobs per channel. That means six different tones, and every single one of them rocks. This and the Bogner Ecstasy are the only amps that make me think twice about my Road King, and they both cost quite a bit more.

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
noodles said:
Actually, they do. They're stupid versatile, too. Three completely independent channels, footswitchable between two gain knobs per channel. That means six different tones, and every single one of them rocks. This and the Bogner Ecstasy are the only amps that make me think twice about my Road King, and they both cost quite a bit more.

Uberschall is a one trick pony. It's not bad if you like that one trick though.

XTC would have been the amp Kevin bought... if the TriAmp didn't exist! It's really good, but it's $200 more than the TriAmp, and it's 3 channels with channels 2 and 3 sharing eq's. How can that possibly compete with 3 channels with independant eq's AND 2 gain knobs (which stack on each other), AND MIDI controlled. Not only that, but the XTC has a ton of switches on it that are not only confusing, but kinda unnecessary (Plexi mode? Who the hell needs that? lol)

bibz said:
amps shmamps, what about all those charvel stratheads!!!
any more pics of the charvel/jackson stuff?

No sorry. My brother was the one taking the pics. I was too busy tweaking the amps while Kevin jammed on them.

Sentient said:
damn, it's hard to pick a favorite photo, between the music shop pics, the speedometer, or that pizza. :yesway:

I'll show you mine:

T43.JPG

That's damn sexay! I had to buy lights to have my own lightshow on my rig. This one comes STOCK! LMAO!

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Regor said:
Uberschall is a one trick pony. It's not bad if you like that one trick though.

That trick is really good, though. However, my Mesa gets close to that, with more than one trick, for less scratch.

XTC would have been the amp Kevin bought... if the TriAmp didn't exist! It's really good, but it's $200 more than the TriAmp, and it's 3 channels with channels 2 and 3 sharing eq's. How can that possibly compete with 3 channels with independant eq's AND 2 gain knobs (which stack on each other), AND MIDI controlled?

You're preaching to the choir, you know. If I had three grand to spend on an amp, and didn't have a Mesa endorsement, the TriAmp would be the one. I just happen to really like the lead tones you can get out of the XTC. I also have a friend who is kind enough to let me borrow his XTC and Uberschall when Division heads into the studio next, just in case we're looking for some more tonal options.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
noodles said:
Sorry, Dave, but again, no amp on earth sounds so much superior than what I'm playing as to warrant 3K. No fucking way, ever.

Personal preference. I could dropping almost that much for a guitar... maybe. But never an amp.

The lights are cool as hell, though. :lol:

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
Sorry, Dave, but again, no amp on earth sounds so much superior than what I'm playing as to warrant 3K. No fucking way, ever.

May 20th. Wooden Nickel in Ypsilanti.

And Kevin called the store today, it's coming from Nashville, and they're going to install the module, so it might add a day to the shipping. We might get it by Friday with any luck. Only problem is we'll be in Cleveland for DragonForce on Friday. So we won't get to play with it until Saturday.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
$3k is a bit much for me, but then, i don't have a steady job. as it is, i'm a secondhand man. if i can't get it used, i can't get it :lol:

Mykie

Fatal Havoc
Reaction score
I go to Make n' Music all the time, place rocks, I live only 15 mins from it...

This dude washed my windshield with the Chicago Tribune
T24.JPG

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Mykie said:
I go to Make n' Music all the time, place rocks, I live only 15 mins from it...

What's up man? A fellow Illinoisan.....or something like that. haha

')