Large riff. Analyze my mix please! DC800

• Thread starter fungwabus117
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BoW

Reaction score
It's been a while since I've done production so take my thoughts with a grain of salt. Their is some sort of hiss at the start that could be cut out before the guitar begins. The synthy thing could be mixed a bit louder the first time it comes in. The second time the synth thing comes in, you could have it pan back and fourth is you want it to have an unbalanced effect rather than just leaving it panned primarily to one channel. The double tracking on the guitar could be tighter between the two takes. I would say the guitar is too loud, but its kind of the point of the track, but if there were vocals or another guitar doing something different I'd say push it back a bit. I do like the general tone you are going for with the guitar, it's very big and powerful. In general it's good.

fungwabus117

Reaction score
It's been a while since I've done production so take my thoughts with a grain of salt. Their is some sort of hiss at the start that could be cut out before the guitar begins. The synthy thing could be mixed a bit louder the first time it comes in. The second time the synth thing comes in, you could have it pan back and fourth is you want it to have an unbalanced effect rather than just leaving it panned primarily to one channel. The double tracking on the guitar could be tighter between the two takes. I would say the guitar is too loud, but its kind of the point of the track, but if there were vocals or another guitar doing something different I'd say push it back a bit. I do like the general tone you are going for with the guitar, it's very big and powerful. In general it's good.

Thanks a lot for giving me your input! On the issue of tighter tracking, absolutely. The middle of this track is really sloppy, and that is just personal laziness. These strings are also close to a year old, so that never helps anything haha. I will test out the panning back and forth, but I'm glad the guitars sound powerful! Definitely what I'm going for.

Ocara-Jacob

SSO Recluse
Reaction score
I would recommend giving the snare more body and depth. Other than that, everything else has been addressed.

')