Late NGD ! Classical guitar inside

Valnob

about tree fiddy
Reaction score
Hi guys !

Never got time to make a proper ngd but today, i wanted to make one.

Back in June I really got into classical guitars and I knew I needed one but my funds were limited (I would have bought the Ibanez 8 string classical but it was too expensive and not in stock so my first 8 string will wait !).

After some research, i found this Takamine model GC1CE for a cheap price on Thomann, so I though, what the hell, I don't need a expensive classical guiutar to improve my fingerstyle, a cheap one will do.

I really like the sound of plastic strings, feels great.
The fingerboard (like all classical guitars) is bigger (larger) than a normal 6 string (acoustic or electric).
The size feels more like a 7 string neck but with only 6 strings, and the space between the strings is bigger (better to play fingerstyle).

So within an afternoon I was accomodated to the neck.
The only disapointment is that there are no fretmarkers so I took a white sharpie and put some dots on it (the are erased within a day or two with the sweat.

The quality is quite good for that price, no sharp frets, the tuners hold it quite good.
On the spruce top there are two imperfections but I tried to take a pic and we can't see them on the pics, so no really important.

The electronics are good (it's also my first electro acoustic guitar).
It's fun to play with the eq and the mid boost. The tuner is also good (and the battery was with the guitar).
Really fun to try it with Guitar rig 5 and put some effects for fun (even distortion of 30 seconds ! :D )
The cable goes where the strap pin is normally located.
Like all classical guitars, no strap pin at all, so i can only play it when i sit.

Overall, the quality i got for the price is really good, I really enjoy it and it got me to improve my fingerstyle playing (hello blood on the rooftops !) and it's more suitable to play it on a few songs that were written with one (say it aint so joe (best song ever).

It's a really good 'first' classical guitar.

Now pics !

1408115544-img-0883.jpg

1408115558-img-0884.jpg

1408115553-img-0885.jpg

1408115567-img-0886.jpg

1408115573-img-0889.jpg

Nice back
1408115569-img-0887.jpg

Neck construction
1408115585-img-0890.jpg

Family pic :)
1408115544-img-0822.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rikomaru

Reaction score
Wow you must have lucked out on the back and sides. That is cleeeeeeeeeeeeean. :D