Late NGD: Ibanez J-Craft Prestige!

SkyIllusion

Maine Music Teacher
Reaction score
So I finally got around to posting this; I wanted to wait until I had a good camera but that never happened so sadly, these were taken with my phone. But nonetheless, NGDs are always a good day.

It's a Ibanez 2550z in Galaxy White (Gold Sparkles) made in the FujiGen Factory in 2008, it was missing a string lock block when I got it so now that it's finally restrung and set up I figured it was time to take some pictures and post it!

One question for those of you who have them or similar guitars. I'm looking to swap the pickups out, I'm thinking D-Activators or a Crunchlab/Liquifire combo; any other suggestions?

Beyond that, I really am not a fan of middle pickups only becuase I have an issue with 5 way switches so I want to change it into a three way with an H-H configuration does anyone know where I can get a well priced H-H Pickguard for an Ibanez?

Thanks, now onto the pictures!

IMG_20130914_113426_zps495e1866.jpg

IMG_20130914_113944_zps65fe5e39.jpg

IMG_20130810_142323_zpsfaeeaf66.jpg

IMG_20130914_114246_zps7894dc4c.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Repsak

Reaction score
So nice, Love those inlays and that pickguard texture! HNGD!

SkyIllusion

Maine Music Teacher
Reaction score
My problem is that sometimes when pickup switching live I miss the mark and get either the 4th spot or second spot and it maims my tone :c which stinks becuase I really love the clean tones I can get with the single coil.

Chuck

Reaction score
My problem is that sometimes when pickup switching live I miss the mark and get either the 4th spot or second spot and it maims my tone :c which stinks becuase I really love the clean tones I can get with the single coil.

In that case I'd go with a 3 way and some push-pull pots

SkyIllusion

Maine Music Teacher
Reaction score
In that case I'd go with a 3 way and some push-pull pots

Thanks for the suggestions and the info about the pickguards. I appreciate it. I didn't even think of doing push pull knobs. :p I think that is what I'll do!

Robby the Robot

The President Bits
Reaction score
+1 for push-pull knobs if you wanna have split tones with 3-way switching. Make sure those pots are tight when you get them though. I love the way these guitars look especially with that pickguard. HNGD. :yesway:

RGTFanatic

Reaction score
Beautiful GW man. Such a classy guitar.

As far as pups and electronics go, I'd use a set of Gravity Storms and use a 3-way tele type switch. I'd leave the guard as is just omitting the single from the wiring. I can't see any reason to mess up such a good looking guitar.

SkyIllusion

Maine Music Teacher
Reaction score
I thought about Gravity storms, I really like a lot of mids in my tone and I know the bridge gravity storm is known for that but I've never heard them myself...

s4tch

Reaction score
Thing is that I love this finish+pickguard combo more than anything in the current Ibanez lineup of pickguard equipped RGs. Usually, an RG won't make me want an other one. This one does. It's a future classic, up there with the Road Flare Red RG550.

Latest posts

')