LateNGD: Dean RC7 Paduk (pics+video)

• Thread starter blastanus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cyntex

love & peace!
Reaction score
That's a beautiful guitar, I'm also impressed with the back, it looks really comfortable to play.

Sick playing too!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

UltimaWeapon

yolo-swag-3000
Reaction score
Welcome to the club Buddy :D nice version of your RC7. Is it heavy? i heard paduk is almost double heavier than mahogany.

blastanus

Shred & Blast
Reaction score
Welcome to the club Buddy :D nice version of your RC7. Is it heavy? i heard paduk is almost double heavier than mahogany.

It sure is, to my understanding it weights about as much as a les paul (not entirely sure if they weigh even more, les pauls are know for that anyways), and it weights more than my 8 string RG2228, it is noticeably heavier than the alder version dean rc7x and im guessing that the mahogany version is a "light" guitar compared to the paduk too, but I dig it, it gives you the impression you are actually holding on to something rather than a light piece of air hahha

G_Evolution

Reaction score
very nice guitar(s) and my compliments on your playing in the video dude - you rock!

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
Congrats!

I like this particular one for some strange reason..

Dean%20USA%20Rusty%20Cooley%20RC7%20Mahogany%20FLORESENT%20GREEN%202011%207-String%20Electric%20Guitar.jpg

Reaction score
i really wish i had money so i could afford the xenocide USA RC7 (its just sooooooo cool looking but id want dimarzios with the plastic EMG covers) but to be honest, im scared itll blow away my rg1527 and that would REALLY tear me up inside

Jefonyx

Reaction score
Hi, I'm very interested in the comparison between the US custom model and the Korean made...if it's possible :)

Reaction score
Several people here own or have owned the Rusty Cooley Xenocide model. I started a thread about it awhile back to get some feedback on it but it got closed. Anyway, do those of you that own this guitar feel its really worth $2700? If so, maybe explain. Looks pretty sick but it would be a special order non-returnable item form me. And those of you that got rid of it.... why?

blastanus

Shred & Blast
Reaction score
Several people here own or have owned the Rusty Cooley Xenocide model. I started a thread about it awhile back to get some feedback on it but it got closed. Anyway, do those of you that own this guitar feel its really worth $2700? If so, maybe explain. Looks pretty sick but it would be a special order non-returnable item form me. And those of you that got rid of it.... why?

Is it worth 2700? Probably not that much, but the paduk model was 1990 dollars, so under 2000, and I picked up a used dean rc7genocide model for about 1300 dollars, it was in brand new condition though and I had to pick it up because for me, these guitars play and feel amazing. They may not be for everybody, some people dont like emgs, floyd roses or trs licenced tremolos or bolt-ons or alder and so on and so on... But if you understand where the man behind the design comes from, you know what you are getting with the guitar, thin neck, large cut-away, great bends on the big frets, I cant see myself getting rid of one, hell I got one and then bought another one :lol:

Lagtastic

Five Align
Reaction score

I have a Paduak as well. If you can get your hands on one, I highly recommend it, there were only 12 made in the run. I can't see ever selling it. If I get tired of it, it will eventually become a wall decoration, it's a beautiful instrument.

The RC7G is definitely worth $2k, not sure about $2700. If you are looking for a 7 with the specific features that the guitar brings (25.5", high radius, EMGs, super thin neck with flat U contour, no binding, rosewood board, alder body, recessed trem, etc) I cannot imagine a better guitar. Playing on one is so easy, it's like cheating.

Latest posts

')