Lead players who can't riff/Rythym players who can't solo

• Thread starter DDDorian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well, Thats one way to get better at it :lol:
I dunno, no one could solo when they started playing guitar, really. You gotta start somewhere you know? If you cant, you can always practice it.

But i'm not really interested in doing it, either, because my music doesn't really call for 8 bars of wankery in the middle of every song.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
Actually, he played quite a few.
He plays a couple in Dragonlord, and i know he did a guest solo on another black metal band's CD recently.

old man's childs newest album.

He has actually recorded dozens of solos with testament. With all of the changing of lead guitarists in recent years, he's had to step up and take a few.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
But i'm not really interested in doing it, either, because my music doesn't really call for 8 bars of wankery in the middle of every song.

if thats how your view of soloing is, i can understand that.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
He has actually recorded dozens of solos with testament. With all of the changing of lead guitarists in recent years, he's had to step up and take a few.

I remember reading an interview with Alex Skolnick where he said that there was a lot of tension between him and Eric before he left the band, as apparently Eric didn't want to be 'just' a rhythm guitarist, and really resented that the rest of the band wanted Alex to do all the solos...

Latest posts

')