Lee Malia new Jackson

• Thread starter bwh0005
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
The hierarchy of singlecuts

View attachment 126239
View attachment 126240
View attachment 126241

Apparently I'm not alone since this seems to be one of Jackson's most unpopular guitar shapes. :lol:
Maybe I'm blind, but the EC and Monarkh look pretty indistinguishable to me. The cutaway is slightly different if I squint, but I don't really think they look better or worse than each other. It's unpopular, but I bet it's more popular than the Skatecaster, Dominion, Shadowcaster, et al.

Granted, I'm not a fan of singlecuts in general.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sell2792

Reaction score
Maybe I'm blind, but the EC and Monarkh look pretty indistinguishable to me. The cutaway is slightly different if I squint, but I don't really think they look better or worse than each other. It's unpopular, but I bet it's more popular than the Skatecaster, Dominion, Shadowcaster, et al.

Granted, I'm not a fan of singlecuts in general.

Nah, the Monarkh is noticeably worse and the headstock doesn’t do it any favors either. Then again, I also hate Solar’s single cut. Schecters is at least passable.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
I like the inlays, I’m ok with the headstock. Kinda Fernandes vibe to it? The body is like a flipped RD with Gumby-er outline.
It's literally just a jazzmaster shape with a stupid 3x3 headstock. Charvel called them the skatecaster. Rob Caggiano from Volbeat already has a skatecaster sig too.
skate.png

I'm surprised Lee is using P-rails with Tripleshot rings.

Reaction score
OG Surfcaster > *anything resembling the OG Surfcaster

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
As bad as the body shapes on these are, the headstocks are worse.

Jumby-esque.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
As bad as the body shapes on these are, the headstocks are worse.

Jumby-esque.
*Gumby

But you probably figured that. Isn't it great when you don't notice your typos until it's too late to fix them?

Reactions: LCW
Reaction score
As a testament to how out of the loop I am when it comes to music..I didn't know Lee Malia was a member of BMTH...and to be honest I'd never even heard a BMTH song. I only even knew Lee's name because some gear reviewers has reviewed his Epiphone signatures. It never even occurred to me until I watched that video (because everyone kept saying he looked bored). The song was great so I looked up the album on YT. Listened to it and it sounded awesome, and then I went looking for it and realized it came out 10 years ago. Better late than never, right?

couverdure

No Gear Day
Reaction score
As a testament to how out of the loop I am when it comes to music..I didn't know Lee Malia was a member of BMTH...and to be honest I'd never even heard a BMTH song. I only even knew Lee's name because some gear reviewers has reviewed his Epiphone signatures. It never even occurred to me until I watched that video (because everyone kept saying he looked bored). The song was great so I looked up the album on YT. Listened to it and it sounded awesome, and then I went looking for it and realized it came out 10 years ago. Better late than never, right?
Sempiternal is the band's magnum opus. The follow-up, That's The Spirit, is pretty good albeit a lot more poppy, amo is a very mixed bag, and Survival Horror is a great collection of songs that I'd describe as a more modernized Linkin Park.

Their earlier works definitely lean more into metalcore/deathcore territory but they're still worth listening (though Count Your Blessings can get pretty cringe, lyric and production wise).

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Post Human Survival was an amazing EP . Especially the song with Babymetal .

I remember reading or hearing that it was supposed to be a 4 piece EP release or something ? Each EP has a different sound ?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The cutaway horn is only off on the cheap models for whatever reason. The USA made ones look way better.

30538_WHITE_MONARKH_JA0630_a_af1146c6-70cf-4c88-8174-558dd716cf10_619x@2x.progressive.jpg

xiglj9onuxq50wdp4qbs.jpg

Now compare those to this cheapo models:

12814203_922365611212295_1867433546719484948_n.png
It's on the cheaper MF-1 as well, as well as being on a very early run of JS Monarkhs. But yeah 90% of the line was ruined by the weird ass cutaway.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
It's on the cheaper MF-1 as well, as well as being on a very early run of JS Monarkhs. But yeah 90% of the line was ruined by the weird ass cutaway.

Yes, basically non-USA models. There are differences in every shape if you look closely.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Lee Malia from Bring Me The Horizon posted these pics of a new Jackson he’s been using live, it’s a bit boring compared to his Artisan inspired epiphone’s. But possibly a prototype for a signature? View attachment 126121View attachment 126120
I really dig that. That body looks way better with a pickguard and some binding.

Lee has been doing a P90 or similar in the neck for a long time so I’m not surprised to see some P-Rails.

I’m betting the triple shot rings won’t actually make it to production model. Probably just added some to his prototype to help finalize wiring specs.

Very curious what scale length this will be. Won’t be surprised at all if it stays standard scale (25.5”). Lee seems to go with way thicker strings and a shorter scale for low tunings going by his older interviews.

Musiscience

Reaction score
BMTH gets a lot of crap from the "die hard" metal fans because of their more "pop" tendencies, but their songwriting/production is second to none and their sound is quite unique. They have come a very long way since their debut, which is quite impressive considering that all the writing is still done by the band.

sell2792

Reaction score
BMTH gets a lot of crap from the "die hard" metal fans because of their more "pop" tendencies, but their songwriting/production is second to none and their sound is quite unique. They have come a very long way since their debut, which is quite impressive considering that all the writing is still done by the band.

I absolutely agree but man would I love to see them do a modern version of Count Your Blessings or at least do a single, new deathcore track in a similar vein.

')