Lefty / Righty Poll

• Thread starter bostjan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Which are you?

• Righty all the way.

Votes: 122 66.3%
  • Lefty at some things. (sports, etc.)

Votes: 26 14.1%
  • Lefty playing right-handed guitar.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • 100% Lefty.

Votes: 12 6.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
Lefty playing right. Actually more ambidextrous than not.

Chucky

Reaction score
Ta DA!!! There's a new Lefty in town, Lefty all the way, but can do other cool stuff like writing (just) with my right.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
I seem to eat left handed and one or two other things as well. I do actually think i should have been left handed, but that's what you get for being raised by nuns (seriously, i went to a nun + one priest run preschool for 3 years where I learnt to speak flemish by listening to the other kids, and was taught to read and write there.) Seeing as left handedness is the devils mark, and seeing as how that place was really quite traditional, it wouldn't be surprising if I'd have been made to write righthandedly.

Anyway. Hence the right handed in some things, but not in others!

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a right-hander in everything I do, but...

I'm about 80% ambidextrous. I can do most everything I do with my right normally, with my left. Only, I'm nowhere near as practiced with my left, since I'm a righty. So, I can eat, brush my teeth/hair, throw, draw, write, bowl, bat, whatever with my left, just like with my right, with about 80% facility, or so. However, I can't play guitar for shit, backwards. That seems to be pretty much a hugely muscle-memory dependant activity. Most skills I learned later in life as a righty seem to be the most affected, but the ones I learned as a kid, like the aforementioned, I seem to be able to do pretty well both ways. When I was a kid, I was completely ambidextrous - I did everything with both hands. To such a degree that I could even hardly remember left from right, oddly enough.

Buzz762

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
I write using my left hand but I use my right hand for everything else. I just always have done it this way but I'm not really sure why.

Sevara

Reaction score
I'm surprised there aren't more of us lefties playing right-handed guitar; I actually feel more comfortable with the more agile hand doing all the fretwork.

')