Legator Ninja 200 Fanned Fret 8 Review

• Thread starter johnpyeatt13
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

johnpyeatt13

Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting a fanned fret eight string for a while. The only problem was the price of most of them. I finally found this one on Red Dragon Guitars. I should start off by saying that both Red Dragon Guitars and Legator did a great job with their customer service, and I highly recommend them both, but let's get on to the review of this guitar. The features on this guitar are probably what you would expect from a cheap chinese made instrument. No locking tuners, standard style bridge, and some ok strings. The overall sound of this guitar is pretty weak in my opinion. The pickups have very little output so the low F# sounds pretty muddy as well as the low B. The action and the finish were pretty nice out of the box. I really liked the burled maple top. Thought it was nice to see a low end guitar with one. The final thing I did wanna talk about though is the playability of both the fanned frets and the neck profile. The thing that really makes me like this guitar is how nice the neck feels. It is a lot nicer than any low end Ibanez or Schecter I have played. It's nice and rounded but still a little thin, but not Ibanez thin. The fanned frets are definitely something that I found to enjoy a lot. This guitar might not have the bells and whistles that some people like, but for $650, this guitar can be upgraded with nice pickups and some nice locking tuners to turn it into something great. I'm glad I tried this guitar because now I know that I really love fanned frets. I recommend this guitar to anyone who doesn't know if they'll like fanned frets or not. Definitely will be picking up a 300 series in the near future.

Attachments

• Legator Ninja 200 Fanned Fret.jpg
    Legator Ninja 200 Fanned Fret.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 39

johnpyeatt13

Reaction score
Here's a picture of it. It wouldn't let me put it as the header for some reason..

Attachments

• Legator Ninja 200 Fanned Fret.jpg
    Legator Ninja 200 Fanned Fret.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 38