Legend of Zelda WiiU (no title yet) revealed

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

wiiu_zelda_scrn01_e3uausf.png

wiiu_zelda_scrn04_e3nhuvg.png

wiiu_zelda_scrn03_e3t4uhm.png

wiiu_zelda_scrn02_e3y4uj9.png

TSoS1BA.jpg

Looks like they're going for a hybrid between Windwaker and Skyward Sword with the artstyle. It's also going to be open-world, not linear like previous games.

Other links
Zelda for Wii U - Nintendo @ E3 (no info yet)
Nintendo: That Amazing Zelda Footage Was In-Engine

And now cue the bitching about how Link looks too feminine and how the artstyle is too cartoony. :fawk:
EDIT: GIFs
cqqqfh.gif

dahvfi.gif

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I have literally zero idea what people are complaining about. That looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I see myself taking screenshots every other second and using them as desktop wallpapers. They finally managed to do what they didn't entirely accomplish with Skyward Sword, which was to make objects' colors fade into each other as Link got farther away from them and make them resemble a watercolor painting. It looks astonishing.

Also, I love Link's new design. Some say too girly, but I just find it perfectly sleek.

So many cool games announced for Wii U. I have no excuse not to buy one now.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I don't either. I guess they want gritty like OoT, MM, and Twilight Princess.

I also like his design. He's probably older than Young OoT/MM link, but younger than Adult OoT/SS/TP Link.

And of course he's going to look different. In most of the Zelda games, except for sequels, there's going to be different incarnations of Link. Each game doesn't feature the same one. :lol:

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, thanks for the pics, too! I hadn't seen such high resolution ones yet. And those gifs! :eek: Loving my new avatar.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Miyamoto is also supposed to be showing off a new Star Fox game (....ING FINALLY :scream:) today. It's supposedly one of his "small" projects, but I don't give two ....s, I want a SF game. :rofl:

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Haha hopefully so! It's about time that we get to do some more barrel rolls Peppy style.

I loved Nintendo's Digital Event thingie. So many awesome things announced. However, the lack of a new Metroid title REALLY disappointed me. I'm still hopeful that we will get to see something about it today.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
There's supposed to be an unannounced 3DS game today. Everyone I see is hoping it's a MM remake or a new Metroid game. Mostly hoping for the latter.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Pretty! I really liked the Twilight Princess visuals, which I feel stand apart from OoT/MM and not just because the graphics were better developed. But these feel a little "purer" to Zelda, I think.

ferret

Reaction score
Too bad it won't be on PC. I just can't convince myself to buy a Wii U. Or any console for that matter.

Literally the only reason I would buy a Wii U is for Nintendo first party exclusives. It's like. Nintendo makes great games... on a system I can't tolerate for numerous reasons.

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
I'm super stoked! Wii-U will be in my future at least by the end of the year, fo sho.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
Too bad it won't be on PC. I just can't convince myself to buy a Wii U. Or any console for that matter.

Literally the only reason I would buy a Wii U is for Nintendo first party exclusives. It's like. Nintendo makes great games... on a system I can't tolerate for numerous reasons.

Between this, Smash U, MK8, X, and MH3U/MH4 I just might cave and buy a Wii U at some point :lol:

Open world is interesting. Hopefully they took note of the various complaints with Skyward Sword and are addressing them. The art looks pretty good... I adore TP's art style and would love to see them do a more adult LoZ again at some point, but this is good in its own way.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Shigeru Miyamoto is currently being interviewed at the Nintendo Treehouse at E3, for those interested. Let's see what he announces!

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
I surely do hope that Hyrule's favorite gardener is allowed to trim and pull all the evil weeds of his world, and keep all the riches while he's at it. *ka-ching $$$*

EDIT: Hyrule Warriors gameplay streaming now at Nintendo Treehouse.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
That thing with the Great Fairy was almost as brutal as Godzilla's 'fatality' scene. :lol:

Latest posts

')