Legend of Zelda WiiU (no title yet) revealed

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
The moon will haunt me more than the MM one.

Just as much as Luigi's hate stare, which, I have to say, was very, very neatly addressed during the Nintendo Digital video. :rofl: They do follow their fans and take note of what they say, after all. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rectifryer

Banned
Reaction score
That looks fantastic. I have to admit, it was hard for me to stomach the cell shading of the wii and gamecube era, but this is way different.

ferret

Reaction score
Between this, Smash U, MK8, X, and MH3U/MH4 I just might cave and buy a Wii U at some point :lol:

Open world is interesting. Hopefully they took note of the various complaints with Skyward Sword and are addressing them. The art looks pretty good... I adore TP's art style and would love to see them do a more adult LoZ again at some point, but this is good in its own way.

Yeah, we'll see if my willpower holds out. I got issues with the tablet controller thingie. But Zelda... god I love Zelda. And this looks amazing.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
GenGAME Eiji Aonuma: ‘No One Said That Was Link’ in the Zelda Wii U Reveal Trailer

582.gif

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
.... I don't know what to say for now, but my insides are screaming.

no-hell-no.gif

8261%20-%20anger%20anger_management%20animated_gif%20god%20michael_scott%20no%20rage%20steve_carell%20subtitles%20the_office%20toby_flenderson%20yelling.gif

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Image is dead for me, what is it? :lol:

Changed it. It was Michael Scott screaming "GOD NO" but this new one seemed more appropriate somehow. :lol:

EDIT: also, lol @ at the original article. The speculations and "theories" they presented were almost akin to me theorizing that the next big console Zelda installment would be a FPS.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score

None of those are good reasons for it not to be Link. Examples, a few Links have started unequipped, and Wind Waker Link wears blue at the start and throughout the second play through. To me, this looked pretty early in the story.

However, if it's not Link, my money is on a relative (son possibly) of a Link we've already played as. My money would be on Skyward Sword, if that's the case. We can rule out OoT and MM Young Link, because of his appearance in TP. I would doubt either Four Swords' Link. Wind Waker has had a sequel already and Link to the Past era is well fleshed out.

I would guess OoT adult Link, TP, LoZ 1 and 2, or Skyward Sword. None of the others would make sense to be the father of this character.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
None of those are good reasons for it not to be Link. Examples, a few Links have started unequipped, and Wind Waker Link wears blue at the start and throughout the second play through. To me, this looked pretty early in the story.

However, if it's not Link, my money is on a relative (son possibly) of a Link we've already played as. My money would be on Skyward Sword, if that's the case. We can rule out OoT and MM Young Link, because of his appearance in TP. I would doubt either Four Swords' Link. Wind Waker has had a sequel already and Link to the Past era is well fleshed out.

I would guess OoT adult Link, TP, LoZ 1 and 2, or Skyward Sword. None of the others would make sense to be the father of this character.

Funnily enough, the original article does mention that "son of X" theory.

I also just noticed that Link (or whoever that is) has brown hair here. Or it may just be dirty blonde (which he has been known to sport in previous games). My brain can't quite decide which it is, based on the trailer.

EDIT: by original article I mean the one that the article posted here got their info from.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
Awwwwwwwwww sheeeit.

I'm gonna guess it's Link's (and possibly Zelda's) child if it's not actually Link.

Yeah, we'll see if my willpower holds out. I got issues with the tablet controller thingie. But Zelda... god I love Zelda. And this looks amazing.

Nintendo pushes too many of the right buttons for me to hold off forever. I can play a lot of games on PC, enough that I don't really want to shell out for a PS4 or (even less likely) an XBone, but Nintendo brings a few things I just can't get anywhere else and the console isn't that expensive. Hell, I might've shelled out just for Smash and MK8 alone. I've put so many hours into the Smash Bros series over the years it's not even funny.

Dunno if I'll ever get a 3DS at this point though.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Funnily enough, the original article does mention that "son of X" theory.

I also just noticed that Link (or whoever that is) has brown hair here. Or it may just be dirty blonde (which he has been known to sport in previous games). My brain can't quite decide which it is, based on the trailer.

EDIT: by original article I mean the one that the article posted here got their info from.

Yeah, I was half way through writing when I clicked to the original article. As for hair colour, I'm all for a brown haired 3D Link. Haven't had one of those yet.

Of course, I'm not ruling out that "No one said it was Link" is just to throw people off, a joke taken out of context, or in some way not serious. In fact, I don't see why this wouldn't be Link. I mean, he's pretty well known for his archery.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Between this and X will be the reasons I'll cave in to buy a Wii U. :yum:

And Hyrule Warriors... it's everything a Zelda game is not, but... yeah, why not. :rofl:

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm about 60/40 leaning towards "he's just messing with the world," although, in talking with a friend, he did point out that if those are actually his early-game clothes, then he's way too well-equipped to be at the beginning of the game. Like I pointed out to my friend, though, most of those things depend on the story itself, which we obviously know nothing about at this point.

I'm all for that shade of hair color, too, I'm just saying that *maybe* that is an indication that he/she is, indeed, not Link.

EDIT: man, Hyrule Warriors looked so badass. :lol: Like you said, it's everything a Zelda game isn't, while being a totally obvious love letter to the Zelda franchise. Their character designs for Impa and Zelda looked great, too.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I think that could make it a Skyward Sword sequel with that Link. I figure, that's his every day, scavenging around attire; then when there's a threat to the civilisation they've been building, he dons his hero clothes again.

I don't know, I like theorising.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
Between this and X will be the reasons I'll cave in to buy a Wii U. :yum:

And Hyrule Warriors... it's everything a Zelda game is not, but... yeah, why not. :rofl:

Xenoblade Chronicles X looked fucking fantastic in the stream. Seems like they're addressing almost all of my complaints with the original (interface, AI, etc). If they slow down exp gain so you don't overlevel so easily from questing and smooth out the level correction a bit so that you can actually get a challenge throughout the entire game if you want, I'll be a very happy camper.

Hyrule Warriors just looks like semi-mindless fun to me. I'm not super stoked for it, more of an "eh, why the hell not?" sort of mild enthusiasm.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
You like Theorizing, and I like your theory.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Xenoblade Chronicles X looked fucking fantastic in the stream. Seems like they're addressing almost all of my complaints with the original (interface, AI, etc). If they slow down exp gain so you don't overlevel so easily from questing and smooth out the level correction a bit so that you can actually get a challenge throughout the entire game if you want, I'll be a very happy camper.

Hyrule Warriors just looks like semi-mindless fun to me. I'm not super stoked for it, more of an "eh, why the hell not?" sort of mild enthusiasm.

Agreed with X. I'm just happy I'm playing another Takahashi game.

The Koei Musou games are a guilty pleasure for me. I used to rag on them years ago before my sister got me into them. Now I play all the variations of Dynasty/Samurai/Gundam for mindless face-pad-wiping fun. So I guess Hyrule won't be any different.

As for the actual Zelda game... I really need to get back into Zelda games in general. I never got to finish Skyward Sword after my sister moved out and took the Wii. :lol:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
As for the actual Zelda game... I really need to get back into Zelda games in general. I never got to finish Skyward Sword after my sister moved out and took the Wii. :lol:

Shit, me too. I honestly loved it at first, but got bored of it and quit playing right before I got the song of the hero, I believe.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Skyward was great, I thought. The rooms for improvement were quite clear at points, but they were not a hindrance. I did find it really long though. Not in absolute time length, but rather by the end I felt as though it was beginning to drag a little too long. It didn't stop me from beating that Hero Mode right after the first playthrough though. :lol:

Oh and, since you guys are talking about it, a HUGE shoutout to XCX again. The Nintendo Treehouse gameplay footage floored me. It's such a huge game. The sound was great. Music-wise I'm sure it won't disappoint; everything I've heard composed by Hiroyuki Sawano has been great. I never got to play Chronicles for the Wii, so I hope this one will be a good introduction to the series.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
Skyward Sword leaned a little too heavily on the whole "fetch three" thing for me and I had issues with the motion control implementation. I don't know who's idea it was to automatically reset the motion positioning every time you selected a secondary item (arrows etc), but the resulting offsets between where you were pointing and where the game thought you were pointing was really jarring for me. I beat it, but I couldn't bring myself to do a second playthrough.

Aside from that, it was okay. Fun to play, mediocre story (zero sense of urgency in saving the proverbial princess). I like the trend of a more humanized Zelda that started in the Gamecube era, they did a good job with that here.

Latest posts

')