Legend of Zelda WiiU (no title yet) revealed

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
They've been planning for this as a Wii U title for a long time. Wind Waker HD was an exercise to learn the Wii U to make this game. And it'd make this the first Nintendo console without at least one main series Zelda title.

It's already the only console not to have a proper single player Mario game. The Wii U is a commercial flop, but it is by no means a bad system, and clearly an innovative system leading to some interesting ways to play; not a poorly executed prototye like the Virtual Boy.

If we didn't release games if there was a new console coming out soon, then we'd just have huge launch lineups and dismal trickles inbetween.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Given Nintendo released the WiiU exactly one year after Skyward Sword was released, I wouln't be surprised if Zelda WiiU was the console's swan song like Skyward Sword was the Wii's.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Given Nintendo released the WiiU exactly one year after Skyward Sword was released, I wouln't be surprised if Zelda WiiU was the console's swan song like Skyward Sword was the Wii's.

Me neither. It makes a lot of sense at this stage, though they were planning to release it a long time ago, so I don't think it was planned that way.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Nintendo being Nintendo, their excuse (or reason) for that may be that they want said swan song to be a grand finale, much like they did with the Wii. (Although I think the Wii had many more competitive titles than the Wii U at the time Skyward Sword was released. *cough* Metroid Prime *cough*) They actually did something similar with the GameCube by releasing Twilight Princess the same day they released the Wii and a couple of weeks later for the GameCube... though it makes me wonder if it was a grand finale for the GameCube, or a grand opening for the Wii.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
I'm really surprised they aren't just holding the new Zelda off for the NX or whatever the new Nintendo system ends up being called.

I will be absolutely shocked if it doesn't get a dual platform release a la Twilight Princess.

There's a very good chance that the delay to 2016 was at least partially a result of that same decision. If I'm right, the Wii U will also be the only Nintendo console ever to lack an (initially) exclusive Zelda title.

I'm betting on a new Metroid game early in the NX's lifespan as well, possibly as a launch title.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."

-Shigeru Miyamoto

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
zelda.png

e3_zelda.jpg

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
I will be absolutely shocked if it doesn't get a dual platform release a la Twilight Princess.

Yup, confirmed to be getting a dual Wii U/NX release. Which means I'll get both and keep the Wii U version aside for when it goes up in price like the GameCube Twilight Princess did.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
My body is tingling (hurrdurr) in all kinds of inconspicuous places waiting for some new Zelda gameplay this Tuesday. Can't wait!

I was also hoping for some major updates on Metroid for this E3, but seeing how Fedef*ckity F*ck still hasn't come out and how they're going all out with Zelda and Pokemon Sun/Moon, I think I should probably drop those hopes... :(

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Yup, confirmed to be getting a dual Wii U/NX release. Which means I'll get both and keep the Wii U version aside for when it goes up in price like the GameCube Twilight Princess did.

It's true that the Wii U does have a bit of a cult-ish fanbase, but I don't think it'll maintain nearly the same reputation the GameCube did. That alone may affect the price of a Wii U copy of the Zelda double-release in the future. Then again, given the (un)popularity of the Wii U, I doubt they'll produce very many copies for it, which may keep that version's price up as a collector's item. It also makes me wonder how Nintendo will handle marketing of the new NX and its price point.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Shame about the Wii U, not a lot of good games, but the ones that are good are like 5 atar classics. And I wish they would get on with the NX so I can determine if I'm waiting for that if it has backwards compatibility or waiting for Wii U to get cheap so I can go nuts with Mario Maker.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
The Wii U, in my opinion, had plenty of good games, and all but ZombiiU and Rayman were exclusive. It's had way more good games than PS4 and Xbox One, frankly, and I play my Wii U way more than those.

I'd edit you're comment to:
Shame about the Wii U, not a lot of games, but the ones that are good are like 5 star classics.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
I am getting so hyped for Tuesday, and the new art is gorgeous and very intriguing, that last picture in particular.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
I feel like that picture reveals so much, yet so little. I love it.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
I AM SO HAPPY IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, over-excitement aside (sorta). Seems we're getting voice acting now?! That's so cool. As long as Link doesn't speak, I am all for voice acting.

The world looks huge and absolutely gorgeous. What little we got to see of the game mechanics looks great. I absolutely love the art direction. I friggin' loved the music as well, it was really sweet.

Also, the name is perfect.

Waiting for Pokemon Sun/Moon gameplay to be over so we can see more Breath of the Wild gameplay. :scream:

')