Les Paul 28" 5/8 baritone

• Thread starter bitterbeings
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has there ever been a 28" 5/8 Les Paul Baritone (knock offs included)? which tuning is this scale length best fitted for (such as 27" being meant for B). I'd Imagine F#?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
A friend of mine has a baritone Les Paul, I think it's a 27.7" scale.

Reaction score
is there anywhere you can find info on those? the only gibson's i know of are the old pewter studios and the new studio that just came out.

Sponge

Carpe Diem
Reaction score
Has there ever been a 28" 5/8 Les Paul Baritone (knock offs included)? which tuning is this scale length best fitted for (such as 27" being meant for B). I'd Imagine F#?

I have an Agile AL-830 tuned low DGDGDGBE.

You could get a low G, F# with some nice tension on that scale length.

Reaction score
wow, didn't realize they made necks that long. that is exactly what i want now *drools

if you don't mind my asking, how much did it cost?

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
the flying squirrel means warmoth offers 28 5/8" scales as an option on i think all of their guitars. heres pics of a nice one i found on the warmoth forums. this is the VIP body style which is similar to a PRS but i dont see why you couldnt get this for a LP style.

VIP1.jpg

VIP2.jpg

VIP3.jpg

Murmel

Reaction score
There was an Epiphone back in the day. Don't know the model or year though. But the guitarist of D'espairs Ray play(ed) one. They disbanded earlier this year.

A pic which I can't find for some fucking reason.. :mad:
He plays it in this vid though.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
the flying squirrel means warmoth offers 28 5/8" scales as an option on i think all of their guitars. heres pics of a nice one i found on the warmoth forums. this is the VIP body style which is similar to a PRS but i dont see why you couldnt get this for a LP style.

Yes sir. Just order the body you want, in this case, LP with all the custom features you want.

When you order the neck and go to select the LP headstock shape, be sure to select Baritone in the pulldown options, otherwise you'll be defaulted to Warmoth's 25.5 scale.

My Warmoth Tele so far is very loud acoustically/unplugged and very resonant, so I'm sure if you do a Baritone LP through them, you'll be very pleased.

Infinite Recursion

Reaction score
F# can be done at any scale but you get the best results when your scale is >=28" (somebody here did some calculations about this). The original LP Baritone with the metallic finish is 28" even, same as the new one. I don't think the 5/8 of an inch is that important, it's less of a gap then going from a Gibson scale to a Fender scale, and that gap is like 1/3 of the tension difference between .009s and .010s. 28" even is more then adequate for intonation, inharmonicity, etc. I'd go Gibson unless you specifically want a bolt-on or different woods.

')