[Lesson] Seven String Sweep Arpeggios Part I: Common Patterns

• Thread starter Drew
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
two things: I also want the gp files ;). And I can host em indefinately as well in a server. Another thing. Noob question as I never tried sweeping before:

As I understand, u just "sweep" the pick up and downwards while freting but, what hapens when there are two notes on a string?, do u hammer the second one and stop the sweep til u gotta play the next string?

i have the same question obaout the "2 notes on one string" any help, PLEASE!!!!

K3V1N SHR3DZ

Reaction score
either: A) hammer-on/pull-off, or B) pick in the opposite direction. when first learning a new sweep shape, i preffer to pick the 2nd note, as it helps with timing, but after a while i'll start to hammer/pull.

D U D D D D U D U U U U

|----------------12-17-12-------------|----------------12-17p12----------------|
|-------------13----------13----------|-------------13----------13-------------|
|----------14----------------14-------|----------14----------------14----------|
|-------14----------------------14----|-------14----------------------14-------|
|-12-15----------------------------15-|-12h15----------------------------15----|
|-------------------------------------|----------------------------------------|
|-------------------------------------|----------------------------------------|

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
Thanks so much Drew! I've been playing for 17 years and I've yet to tackle sweeps and this helps tremendously! You're breakdowns into the smaller string grouping makes it remarkably similar to arpeggio-groupings I've played for years and is helping get a grasp on the technique involved in turning it into a sweep. Can't wait to work on this more when I get home!

You sir, fsckn rock!:bowdown:

')