Let Me Take You On a Journey (56k...listen to Journey during the wait)

• Thread starter NegaTiveXero
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
Fuck that. I love that it only has 22. The neck pickup sounds incredible on the high strings. I never used 23 or 24 anyway. I just didn't like soloing that high.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Fuck that. I love that it only has 22. The neck pickup sounds incredible on the high strings. I never used 23 or 24 anyway. I just didn't like soloing that high.

:agreed:

How many notes do you REALLY play that high, that you couldn't bend into?

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Tremolo homie. F# ain't no thang.

I own an S7, too. I'm familiar with the lesser # of frets lol

I prefer 24 frets by far, but i love the S, so i can look past the lack of frets. It throws me off though, cause im so used to a 24 fret neck (haven't used a 21 or 22 fret neck regularly since my first guitar, like 5 years ago), when i do slides up to certain frets in certain songs, i always hit the 17th instead of the 19th fret on the S, whereas that NEVER happens on the UV :lol:

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
I can see that. Going from my RG7620 to the S7420 was no problem at all. I got used to it immediately. It just feels right. I'm glad I finally got one.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering getting an s7320 and getting a 28" and something scale 24 fret neck made for it like Urkvlt did. Could get shit like a blank ebony fretboard and stuff too.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering getting an s7320 and getting a 28" and something scale 24 fret neck made for it like Urkvlt did. Could get shit like a blank ebony fretboard and stuff too.
I'd be more of the mind to sand the body, fill in the neck cavity, paint it neon friggin yellow and put a 24 fret maple board on top of the current neck... if only i had the time/money.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd be more of the mind to sand the body, fill in the neck cavity, paint it neon friggin yellow and put a 24 fret maple board on top of the current neck... if only i had the time/money.

Well....different strokes I guess :lol:

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score

I don't like soloing that high too. Anyway, my fingers are way too big for those small frets... :D
I never got that "it lacks 2 frets" argument, but hey, to each his own i guess.

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't like soloing that high too. Anyway, my fingers are way too big for those small frets... :D
I never got that "it lacks 2 frets" argument, but hey, to each his own i guess.

Yeah, there's that too. My fingers are too big as well.

Eric

Reaction score
I wish I had big ass king kong fingers...

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Congrats Xero! I've had enough.... my GAS has hit a peak!!!! I can't take it anymore! I was thinking about buying a second Carvin but you know what? A member is going to sell me his S7420FMTT!!! Hell yeah, I'll post a picstory once we make it official! You helped me go over the top, I've seen too many of these now to resist! Damn you... and thank-you... all at the same time! :scratch: :lol: :hug:

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Congrats Xero! I had enough.... my GAS has hit a peak!!!! I can't take it anymore! I was thinking about buying a second Carvin but you know what? A member is going to sell me his S7420FMTT!!! Hell yeah, I'll post a picstory once we make it official! You helped me go over the top, I've seen too many of these now to resist! Damn you... and thank-you... all at the same time! :scratch: :lol: :hug:

Glad I could do it homes. :yesway:

Thanks to everyone else. I fucking love this thing, it rules so hard.

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
I got a question for the other people with S7's. Which is which. I know mine is Twilight Blue, but there's another version (with the wave inlays), so is mine an S7420FMTW or S7420FMTT?

')