Let Me Take You On a Journey (56k...listen to Journey during the wait)

• Thread starter NegaTiveXero
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got a question for the other people with S7's. Which is which. I know mine is Twilight Blue, but there's another version (with the wave inlays), so is mine an S7420FMTW or S7420FMTT?

That is a subject of debate... ie neither model appears in the catalog, but the color is indeed Twilight Blue which was TW according to the Ibanez catalogs of the time.

Oh and I'm the guy probably hooking HighGain up. I hate to sell mine, but I've bought too much stuff recently and something has to go and since he's looking for one I'll let it go instead of my BP to help a SevenString brother out :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drache713

Contributor
Reaction score
Count me in on the S7420FMTT bandwagon, I love mine ever since I got it. And just to add fuel to the GAS...

80461c58b651012.jpg

80461c58b69ebbb.jpg

To the best of my knowledge, the "TT" in S7420FMTT was for "Transparent Teal" and those had the dot inlays, while the S7420FMTW had the "W" in it to designate "wave" inlays.

7StringofAblicK

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have a pic of one to post (largely due to the fact that i do not own one :lol:)

So i'll repost someone elses, hahah

80461c58b651012.jpg

This is a badass pic, btw. Nick, i'll be over sometime this week to shred on yours.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
You guys are just being mean now! :lol: I have one all lined up (from a good guy on the board, no less!) and I'm just waiting for a guitar and some hardware I have on eBay to sell.... bah, the GAS pains... they hurt so good! :metal: I need more pictures of mine, but from the first one I saw the top looks phenominal and very clean too! Already have a set of Duncans on the way too! :hbang:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh and I'm the guy probably hooking HighGain up. I hate to sell mine, but I've bought too much stuff recently and something has to go and since he's looking for one I'll let it go instead of my BP to help a SevenString brother out :yesway:

There should be no probably in that sentence! ;) I'm definitely taking it bro! :yesway: Hopefully someone will just buy my guitar already so I can snag yours soon! Thanks again for the hook up, I see myself digging the S7 a lot as I've owned like 4 different S-series 6 stringers before and loved the way they felt and played! :shred:

')