Let the RG8 Mods begin...

Santuzzo

Reaction score
This is the silliest, most retarded thing I've ever heard... :ugh: Do a search for a luthier close to where you live and just get a real pickguard made and installed...

Did they also glue on fake screw heads?!? Thats the retarded part. If you're going to go to that extent, just get it done right.

:spock: :scratch:

Just let everyone do with their own guitar as they please. Just because you would not do the same thing to your guitar, does not mean it's retarded. :wavey:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FrostyTheDroMan

Reaction score
Double sided tape for now. Thanks! Still to make a template out of this as a stencil. I have enough plastic for 3 more.

:spock: :scratch:

Just let everyone do with their own guitar as they please. Just because you would not do the same thing to your guitar, does not mean it's retarded. :wavey:

No kidding, people can do whatever they want to their own guitars but I can still have an opinion about it that not everyone is going to agree with. I don't get why everyone is getting so butt hurt. I understand not wanting to drill into your guitar, but I still think gluing fake screw heads to a pickguard is cheesy. You're more than welcome to disagree.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
No kidding, people can do whatever they want to their own guitars but I can still have an opinion about it that not everyone is going to agree with. I don't get why everyone is getting so butt hurt. I understand not wanting to drill into your guitar, but I still think gluing fake screw heads to a pickguard is cheesy. You're more than welcome to disagree.

I think you're missing the point.

Of course it's cool if you disagree, but disagreeing, not liking something, or thinking something is cheesy is one thing, calling it 'retarded' is another thing, though, at least in my book ....

Nykur_Myrkvi

Reaction score
I think you're missing the point.

Of course it's cool if you disagree, but disagreeing, not liking something, or thinking something is cheesy is one thing, calling it 'retarded' is another thing, though, at least in my book ....
This is something I agree with 100%.

Quite some time ago I realized this when talking about bands, making a difference between saying "I don't like them" and "They suck".

Not to mention the whole gay and retarded thing. Why would people still use these words in a derogatory sense? Are most of us not more aware and well informed than that?

donray1527

djack of all trades
Reaction score
Yeah calling something retarded, especially something that someone really cares about, is just a huge dick move. Using words like in a derogatory fashion just makes you look like a huge asshole.
Anyways, are there any demos of the x bars in an rg8 floating around?

MikeSap

formerly mikeyENGL
Reaction score
so should we use the .125 or .175 Hipshot bridge on this model?

As far as i know, a hipshot bridge will not fit the rg8 correctly. The string through holes aren't in the same spots. I've seen a few posts from people saying that the hipshot 8 bridges won't fit withough extensive drilling. You might want to try contacting hipshot and seeing if they'll retrofit a custom bridge plate

jobarnrd

Reaction score
I'm going to have to do a new nrg8day when I get these bkp aftermaths and of course new pg.

rekab

Reaction score
Just a tease for now..
DSC04004_zps2f4c9404.jpg

Estilo

Reaction score

Your are a classic example of someone who obviously wasn't raised up properly :lol:.

himself138

Reaction score
so i got that 24v battery mod for the emg 808 and oh my... fixed the muddy and weak sound. pickups are way to hot now!:hbang:

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
Mine should arrive tomorrow to Livewire. Then its PAW swirl pick-up covers included over passive pickups, green hipshot baseplate w/chrome saddles & green Ibanez logo. Fawk.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
whoa whoa whoa... what the hell? i leave for a week and everyone has done some ridiculous mods! lookin' good guys!

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
Woah, this is really inspiring me to hop on the RG8 train and get me one. All these look sick. I was actually thinking of vinyl wrapping my entire guitar. I don't know how to get it to fit the curves on the side and back of the body though. I want to use one whole piece to wrap the back and sides of the body in black and cover up the seams on the front face with a white vinyl face. It'll look SUPER classy imo.

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
so where do we get a pickguard? I want it less the 5-way slot.

')