Let the RG8 Mods begin...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I kinda wanna try out the new Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentient models... An RG8 would look sa-weet with a pickguard and a set of those with the metal covers.... :hbang:

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
yea I was really happy with that rosewood and curious about the PAF I have in the bridge.

CrashRG

I'm Back Bitches!
Reaction score
Has anybody that has made pick guards shared their templates yet? I'd really like to try my hand at making one. Any help is much appreciated!

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Hi, excuse me double posting this, as I also posted this in the RG-RollCall thread, but figured here more people might read this:

I received my black RG8 today, but there are a couple small issues with it and I wanted to ask you guys about your opinion:

-volume knob does not work, which by itself is not a real big deal, probably just needs to be re-soldered or in worst case replaced which I could do myself

-the nut has kind of a groove or cut on the back, it looks like it was cut and as if the nut is just two pieces glued together. (see pics). This looks weird to me and I'm not sure if all nuts on the RG8 come like this, hence I wanted to ask fellow RG8 owners if your nut has the same thing? What I'm a bit worried about is that this might cause stability issues on the nut...
96308406.jpg

50735205.jpg

-the bridge has two spots where the black paint is off (see pics), probably happened when it was screwed to the body. while this does not bother me aesthetically I'm worried at those spots the bridge might corrode ...
70584040.jpg

11273998.jpg

I'm torn whether or not to return the guitar for these issues or if I should keep it and maybe fix these myself (volume pot is no biggie, but I'm not sure on how I would fix the other two issues).

Any advice?

Zhysick

Reaction score
I don't know if the "nut issue" is a problem or not, but mine is one piece for sure. Are you sure are two pieces glued together? In the second pic I see clearly the "mark" but in the first one I don't see if its cut or just a "mark because the machine failed a bit while cutting" or something like that.

(Hope you understand, I am pretty sure I wrote something bad there, but not sure how to express it in the right way! Sorry!)

lemonlust

Reaction score
Mine came in broke today, The part where the neck bolts onto the body is completely shattered and cracked.

Getting a white Ibanez RG8 Replacement though

931200_10151691079464258_187085592_n.jpg

FromTheMausoleum

That one guy
Reaction score
Why the....... Do you have my picture....

2ZkcS.jpg

I don't even....

2ZkeC.jpg

Fix'd, you can have the derpy Phreak face due to you getting a broken guitar.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I'm not really sure, man. When I first started seeing that I was guessing that maybe they loosened the neck bolts for shipping as I've seen suggested before. And that may be what some places do and it ends up damaging the neck in transport somehow because it can move around...?

I'm not really sure.

I know that I bought a guitar once from a guy and he took the neck off to be shipped which I don't fault him for as I've seen it suggested on here many times. When I received the guitar, the neck had managed to move around inside the case and ended up damaging part of the body. :(

')