Let the RG8 Mods begin...

Khai H8drusH

H8dstringer
Reaction score
im not too sure on the brand of case that I got. just took it to one of the local music stores and found one that fit lol. and a steal at $60.
and thanks for the likes on my work. ears more pics of the whole fiddle :eek:)

Awesome! :yesway:

Btw, done by heat gun, sanding or chemicals?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
im not too sure on the brand of case that I got. just took it to one of the local music stores and found one that fit lol. and a steal at $60.
and thanks for the likes on my work. ears more pics of the whole fiddle :eek:)

did you clear it or use something to protect the wood?

messedupshoes

Reaction score
Awesome! :yesway:

Btw, done by heat gun, sanding or chemicals?

I sanded the top, back, and sides with a power sander. As well as the headstock. I did the inner horns by hand. All carefully lol. I didn't go through the initial clear coat. So that keeps the wood protected to a degree. Afterward I did a couple of rub downs with carnuba wax to seal it.

Xykhron

Reaction score
Here's mine...unfinished yet because the ivory tuning peg buttons didn't arrive :wallbash:

P1130282_zps044b232b.jpg

P1130283_zps060b6820.jpg

P1130279_zpsfec8eaac.jpg

Now I'm in doubt about pickups. I don't like passives as they not fit the cavity and don't want EMGs 'cause must drill the PU's hole :scratch:

By the way...a 0.80 string gauge fits the tuning machine without drilling?

Reaction score
Get Blackouts... The 8 string versions sound really good. Also i think the stock tuners only fit up to a .075 gauge string.

Meximelt

Reaction score
If the pickup fit is all that you don't like about passives, seymour duncan has those new pickups that are passive but in active housings. Personally, I'm not a fan of seymour duncan pickups but it is another option.

Reaction score
I had to lightly dremel the edges of the pickup routs. I'm also not really a fan of Duncan pickups but the Blackouts just sound sweet. I have a white RG8 with Dimarzio Ionizers in it but i wanted a different sound for my black one

Xykhron

Reaction score
I'm seriously considering Lace xbar & deathbucker.. will they fit PU's directly?...and What xbar is the right one? 3.5 or 4.0?

RadDadTV

Reaction score
I'm seriously considering Lace xbar & deathbucker.. will they fit PU's directly?...and What xbar is the right one? 3.5 or 4.0?

They will indeed fit without any routing, and the 4.0 is the right one. Great pickup's, I have a deathbar in the bridge of mine, It's super clear, AND super huge sounding.

Zhysick

Reaction score
They will indeed fit without any routing, and the 4.0 is the right one. Great pickup's, I have a deathbar in the bridge of mine, It's super clear, AND super huge sounding.

And how is its character? Agressive? I'm looking for new pups for my baby and I am not sure if buying Lace-bars or Lundgren M8... looking for an agressive sounding pup like the SH6 Distortion but ERG designed.

Reaction score
Tosin from Animals as Leaders used his Strandberg with Lace bars almost exclusively on the Weightless album... Check that out for various clean and driven tones

Latest posts

')