Let the RG8 Mods begin...

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
you guys may have seen this vid in another thread, but i wanted to post it here so you could hear the differences in sd's 8 string model pups.

skip to 6:28...they demo the pegasus, nazgul, distortion, invader & blackout bridge pups. more possibilities for the rg8 :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Igotsoul4u

Reaction score
I'm about to restring my RG8 with DR 10-75. How was the neck adjustment for any guys that went to heavier strings from the factory setup? I am also going to be tuning down a half step for most of the time so it might not even matter so much.

also, im looking under the rod cover and it looks weird. Is it a special wrench or something? doesn't look like a hex key.

Igotsoul4u

Reaction score
I threw the .75 on and holy crap is that the perfect gauge for bending and sustain. The tuning peg was a little tight. I am going to put the rest on later. stoked.

GBH14

Reaction score
Can someone please do me a quick favor?

Can you please measure the body of the guitar? I just need the length and width of the body, not the depth. Thanks!!

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
I threw the .75 on and holy crap is that the perfect gauge for bending and sustain. The tuning peg was a little tight. I am going to put the rest on later. stoked.
I'm rocking a .10-.66 +.80 on mine, and it definitely seems (at least to me) that the RG8 responds really well to the heavier strings, as the strings I have on mine play like a dream, and nail the feel I want for both F# and drop E. :shred:

GBH14

Reaction score
Can someone please do me a quick favor?

Can you please measure the body of the guitar? I just need the length and width of the body, not the depth. Thanks!!

No one who owns an RG8 has a tape measure? :(

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
So I guess I'm the only asshole rockin' a freakin' 90 as my lowest string... :lol:

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
thx for the sound clip...was br00tals :yesway:

as for the pick guard, did you see this thread:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/extended-range-guitars/244787-rg8-pickguard-thread.html

Thanks man :yesway:
I don't think I could make one myself though :lol:
I suck at crafting stuff haha.
Used an 80 string for this clip (which I usually use for drop e). It's floppy but definitely usable, especially for sludgy stuff.
I'm thinking about using thicker strings and making drop c my standard tuning. Love the sound!

Khai H8drusH

H8dstringer
Reaction score
Guys, mods on my RG8L (pics inside) :wavey:

Link : http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/extended-range-guitars/246361-ngd-rg8l-pickguard-n-info-whr-2-order.html#post3685503

403x.jpg

shanerct

Reaction score
To all of you who installed the Hipshot fixed bridge on the RG8, which size did you use .125 or .175 and how does it play after? After speaking with Hipshot they said if i needed the extra string height to go with .175. So I'm guessing there may be some players preference involved but i still wanted to get the feedback of people who have successfully swapped bridges.

cakejetski

Reaction score
It's New Guitar Day everyone!
I opted for the RG8 in White.

Feels great and plays well. Just finished conditioning the fretboard and changing strings to 8,10-52,66 for tuning ADGCfadg, GDGCfadg, and GCGCfadg. I'm not digging the bridge pickup much on the lowest string, but other than that it sounds great. Even at A I get little to no crunch with my usual patches, but string size could be contributing to that. Maybe I'll be picking up a D Activator soon to help the tone.

I plan on Whiting out the body soon. White pickup covers would be awesome, and maybe white knobs and switch too. Hopefully locking tuners will be coming at some point as well. Anyone know where to find pickup covers in white? I've only seen black so far.

Anyway, here it is. No mods yet, but they'll be coming soon!
HxKhcp4.jpg

Latest posts

')