Let the RG8 Mods begin...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RED_ROBOT

Reaction score
even so... I do not fancy flags on guitars... I also do not fancy flags in general but that's another story...

If he likes it, whom am I... the only questions is, how does it sound with the lace's?

Sounds like hell?:hbang: I don't know really how to describe the sound, but I wouldn't swap this pickup for anything else.

Zhysick

Reaction score
Just chiming in here, I got a set of strings from Circle K for my RG8, the thickest string being an 86. The string goes through the bridge just fine, but I can't get it all the way through. I know I'll need to file the string hole (?) down to get it to fit, but what kind of file would I need? I'd also need to do the same for the nut and the tuning peg. Essentially, WAT DO? This is my first time using strings this heavy on a guitar with a string-thru body.

I'm using a Circkle K 86 for the 8th also. I just unwind the outer winding of the string some centimetres so the thickness is 86 even behind the nut but goes less than 86 when reaching the tuner so it can go thru without drilling the tuning peg. You can drill the tuning peg but I don't like to do modifications without way back in my guitars.

I haven't got any problems at the bridge. The string can go thru it without problems. The only thing I had to do is moving the saddle way to the bridge pickup so there is room enough for the string to go out the bridge. Then, when tuning, you just have to intonate properly the 8th string again. In my case I need to put it all the way back and it is not enough hehehe but good enough to play like that.

Hope it helps and hope you can understand what I wanted to say as english is not may main language =/

Xykhron

Reaction score
Hi mates, any locking tuners you can recommend in order to swap for the original non-locking ones?. Prefereably without drilling...

Reaction score
Hi mates, any locking tuners you can recommend in order to swap for the original non-locking ones?. Prefereably without drilling...

By drilling you mean making holes for screws to secure the tuner or enlarging the hole on the peg to fit heavier strings?

Nevertheless, Hipshot griplock open gear tuners do work fine and are pretty light.

jeleopard

Reaction score
By drilling you mean making holes for screws to secure the tuner or enlarging the hole on the peg to fit heavier strings?

Nevertheless, Hipshot griplock open gear tuners do work fine and are pretty light.

Any drilling at all?

Xykhron

Reaction score

No, I mean direct fit replacement.

')